MIL Anyone that would actually try to become a General?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fintheman, Aug 22, 2006.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Any of the officersw or enlisted types that want to move to officers ever actually want to try, and think they can become a General in here?

How hard do you think a General job's actually is?

Is this only for the military college grads? or can an enlisted to officer make it?

Has anyone ever gotten to talk on a personal level to a General and did they seem cool, or has anyone actually ever gotten close enough to actually have a long sit down and talk with one?

2. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

I talk to alot of the Higher-ups of Patrick Air Force Base near the Cape in Florida

they all surf the break right outside the base :o

the officers club is right on the beach (closed down though) due to hurricanes the NCO club is also right on the beach

if you know how surfers are, these guys are the same :o they dont wanna be called "whatever rank applies" they usually just go by the first name

ive also seen couple colonels,majors, and such

undress themselves next to their trucks putting everything on hangers and slipping on wetsuits/trunks (whatever season applies) right on the beach

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i would love to be an admiral and maybe even the CNO one day, i have some very 'visionary' ideas on how to change the navy for the better, but i dont know what the navy or society will be like 20-30 years from now which would be pretty much how long it would take ,as far as just time, to get there

4. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

Admiral Mike Borda went from Seaman to CNO. There are quite a few hard charging enlisted that I know that made the transition to officer and are doing quite well for themselves in the Navy right now.

5. ILoveLamp

ILoveLamp New Member

yea, you can start as enlisted, work to officer, and make general.... our ops group commander was a tech SGT before he went to the O's... he's a full bird right now, but he'll be a general if he doesnt manage to screw it up

6. Fearan

Fearan Guest

The LFAA (Land Force Atlantic Area) General in the CF started as a noncom. :dunno:

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

ibdarkphantom talks about all the generals he's saluted

inwaybefore accord talks about his aspirations

8. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

i want to be an O-7. but i doubt i ever will. the higest my old man got was O-6 and he said at that point the politics/bullshit was through the roof.

9. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

I think all the current generals are weak in their leadership.

It's been a long time since we had some with real balls.