SRS Anyone taking Paxil?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AbsolutTA, Feb 25, 2005.

1. AbsolutTA

AbsolutTA New Member

I posted this in the main forum before I remembered The Asylum... :o

My brother is on day 2 and he says he feels like he's on a mild "E" or "X" come down... ????
    He came home from the doctor Wednesday and took one 25mg before bed, then he took his 2nd 25mg last night. He takes one 25mg per day.

Will he get better or worse? I'm going to Google Paxil, but I thought I'd ask here first. :)

:squint: How does he know what an "X" come down feels like? He's done it a few times...

He's taking it for moderate anxiety and depression.

2. ~*Pogovina*~

~*Pogovina*~ Whip it! Whip it good!!

I took Paxil for a while, back in '96. Felt like I was a robot, an emotionless being. I would FEEL and think normally but it's like i couldn't express any of it.
    my ex would tell me "hey, I'm taking the car and going out of town for a week to fuck around with my friends. I know you have a job but you'll just have to walk or find a ride. Oh, and give me your ATM card, I'm gonna spend a LOT of money!"

i'd FEEL pissed and THINK "Like hell you're taking MY car and spending all of MY money!"

then I'd look at him with a blank stare and nod... and say "....ok"

I hope like hell that it doesnt work like that for anyone else. I hated that shit so bad. my ex really took advantage of me when I was on it, he was pissed when I quit taking it.

3. knarxed

knarxed New Member

I am still taking it and I feel like a zombie, but I know it is working good for me. Make sure he does not stop cold turkey. He will turn INSANE.

From what I know and my experience, it will take him around 3-4 weeks atleast to get the full benefit of the meds. When he starts em, it will actually make him worse (X or E withdrawl he speaks of). At a point it will turn around and he will get better. If he doesnt notice or if the people around him don't notice a change after the 4 weeks, the meds probably don't work for him.

The best effect it has is happiness.

The KEY is to keep him in a positive environment and he will benefit from the meds the most. If he's around negative people he will not find much use in it.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Whats the point of taking something that makes you feel like a zombie? Why not take something that makes you feel full of life?

5. knarxed

knarxed New Member

I still take it in the wrong environment.

In Pogovina's case, im taking a wild guess that she wasn't on paxil cr.

6. KetchupKing

KetchupKing New Member

it's supposed to make you
    1. less depressed
    2. more confident

7. ~*Pogovina*~

I believe it was before they made Paxil CR. I could be wrong about that.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I rather feel like crap then like a zombie.

9. ~*Pogovina*~

:werd:

10. AbsolutTA

AbsolutTA New Member

He couldn't keep taking it. After about 1 week he stopped. I've been doing some reading and I think 25mg was too much to start him on. He may try again with 12.5. His side effects are too much when he takes 25mg, although he did feel better sometimes. I know it takes 3 to 4 weeks to really start working. He just couldn't handle the 25mg in day to day life long enough to see how the side effects wore off...

11. I took paxil and hated it. It made me feel like I was on crack. My eyes would shake and couldnt focus, id feel hungry but the thought of eating made me sick. I absolutely hated the way it made me feel. Have him try wellbutrin, I tried that and noticed no side effects whatsoever.

12. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

im on it the only thing i dont like is that it affects im drinking habits. i started on 10 and worked my way to the 25mg i have now. it's great i dont get freaked out over the wrong shit and my marriage has improved greatly.

13. Ant

Ant Serious Business.

I used to take it. I felt really level all the time, like when I wanted to be real happy, I was not able to be. I stopped taking it after a couple months. my mom is currently on it, and it works great for her, I guess its different for some people.

14. BrassPremier

BrassPremier New Member

my gf takes it at night. took it cause she was having panic attacks. shes fine now, just she kinda feels sleepy until she has some coffee or something. we both agree shes 1000X better now compared to what was happening to her before it

15. BoostZone

BoostZone New Member

I was on it. I guess I am really messed up. I started the 25's and moved to 37.5. Neither of these worked for me. I suffer from a form of panic attacks and tend to get violent. I was then put on a drug called efexor and xanax.

I have to take 150 of the efx and 2 mg control released xanax. This does the trick. I do not feel like I am on any kind of drug. I have control now. I do not fly off the handle. I am able to deal with the little things that would set me off. I can even go into Wal-Mart now and not have to leave because want to hurt someone. I know this has improved my home life 100%. I don’t get stressed with the kids to the level I was, I can get along. I truly think this has 100% improved my home and family life.

I give your brother props for trying to do something about it.

Unmanageability is not any way to go through life.

16. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Sounds like something I really could use. :hs: