Anyone taken the CCNA test lately?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Slimmy, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Slimmy

Slimmy Get Richt or Die Trying

Just wondering, I'm probably gonna try to take it sometime in December or early January.

I've got my book back out, and gonna pick up another one to help me study for it. I've already had a class on it with some hands-on lab time configuring routers and switches, but that was about a year ago, so I'm just trying to refresh my memory now.

Can anyone give me some tips/hints as to what the test is focusing on nowadays? Perhaps things that are more heavily emphasized than others, and things that aren't emphasized anymore. Just any helpful hints before I start studying would be cool.

:bigthumb:

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

:cool: Just try and find some tests online to take man. And use those test applications that come with the book. They will help a lot. Good luck. :bigthumb:

3. Slimmy

Yea, I've found one or two tests online, and I'm gonna install the software from the book I have, and from the books I'm gonna buy. My current book is for the older test, the 640-607, so I'm gonna get the updated Cisco Press books for the 640-801, but still read through both.

Hopefully I can find some other stuff online to help out too. :)

4. TheHeffNerr

TheHeffNerr New Member

all i can tell you, is it's hard as hell. if u know ur stuff wont be as hard, but still a hard ass test lol. good luck, and study ur ass off, if u do that. im sure u will pass :)

5. Slimmy

From the topic overview on their site, it sounds like they really limited it, and eliminated some of the older, tougher stuff.

I don't think I'll have a problem.

6. CruD

CruD Bah, I'll just hack it

I took the 801 and passed. Just study - make sure you know your ACL's really well, you'll do fine.

7. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

I've just started heading towards CCIE. I'm only in the very early stages of it, though.