SRS Anyone stutter ????

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jakemi, Feb 4, 2005.

1. jakemi

jakemi New Member

Always had it since I was a little kid,remembering going to a speech person and him helping my with my "s" words. Im not really bad as my cousin is. But I find myself being quiet around people more and more because I stutter. I say very short sentences,nothing in depth. Thinking what will they think of me if I stutter and I get embaressed about it when I do. Wondering what do you do to help yourself to overcome this around new people you meet?? When I was back in high school I used to beat the shit out of anyone that teased me,it just put me in a rage when they did and I just let loose on them with all I had

2. marauder

marauder New Member

no I don't stutter, but my boss did he had it fairly bad anyways as he hired more people and has more customers etc. he seems to have gotten better now he very rarely stutters at all. Maybe being around people and having talk is a good thing if you stutter?
    I sorta have an idea of what stuttering like when I have a bad migraine it affects my speech and when it’s bad I freaked first time it happened you know what you want to say but you can’t seem to get it out or if you do its not quite what you wanted to say its a bit muddled up.

Is this what its like?
    good luck hope you get better :wavey:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I still stutter sometimes. Usually when I'm nervous, or discussing a topic that is upsetting, or difficult for me to talk about. Its fucking annoying. I didn't start until I was like 16, and I still do it sometimes.

4. Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun New Member

What is the cause of stuttering? I feel so bad if I'm talking to someone who has a severe problem with it. You know that they're trying so hard to avoid it, but they just can't.

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I dunno. For me, it happens when I'm nervous so I would say that this interferes with the speech shits in da brain shits?

6. Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun New Member

Ahhhhh, okay, it's Psychosomatic. Do you, or have you ever taken medication for anxiety?

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I don't have too bad of problems with anxiety. And I'm not experiencing anxiety when it happens. Its just, when I'm not comfortable talking about something... like say I am a bit nervous, I want to impress someone, etc... then I might stutter a bit. Usually just a few sentences per conversation.

8. PsychoWes

PsychoWes ಠ_ಠ

when i am put under pressure i stutter, like in a confrontation...

just trying to put what im thinking into words and shit... it sucks