GUN Anyone shoot pellet rifles?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by johnson, Jan 2, 2008.

1. johnson

johnson New Member

When I was in JROTC in highschool, we shot pellet rifles for competition and was pretty good at it. Matches were at 10 meters with 10 targets each in standing, kneeling, and prone position with 300 points possible. I cant find the targets we used but the bullseye was probably 1/4" diameter and each ring was close to 1/8". I was thinking about picking one up but for the price I could get a decent .22. Im just thinking out loud. :o

This looks like the same model.
    http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=145

2. Lightsped

Lightsped Glockaholic

Yep, same here. I used to shoot pellet guns all the time when I lived in Texas. In JROTC we fired 22 rifles.

3. johnson

johnson New Member

We actually had a range built for .22 but apparently there were problems and switched over to pellet rifles. The school I went to wasnt the suburbs so I figured some kid shot someone else.

4. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I've got a Gamo Varmint hunter that I use for bird control in my quiet neighborhood. Fucking thing is baller.

5. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I have a Gamo Shadow 1000 for chopping down birds, raccoons, possums, etc.

6. Trlstyle

Trlstyle New Member

Now im not into pellet shooting at all, but i am into shooting me .22LR a lot and with .22 ammo as cheap as it is, i would go for that. (unless you live in a quiet area, as mentioned above)

7. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

I have a Weirauch HW77 with a 4x20 tasco I use for pest control

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

I was going to buy one but a couple weeks ago I tried shooting some Colibri off my deck with my .22. The action of the bolt was louder than the report of the round. I'll stick with that.

9. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I got mine for shooting birds in the yard. It's real fun and dead accurate at ~50 yards (with a full tank of co2)

[​IMG]

10. johnson

johnson New Member

How long does the cartridge last before dropping the FPS? I imagine 10 shots. What model is that? How loud? I dont mind the pump ones as long as it's just one pump.

11. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

One of my most cherished childhood memories involves birds and pellet guns.

When I was 10 my father bought me a break open .177 pistol. After the neighbors windows started mysteriously breaking I was limited to using it only under supervision, so he kept the pellets with him.

One day I was more bored than usual so I came up with a way to use the airgun with no pellets. I tore up a few pages from my notebook and made a couple of spitballs. It worked surprisingly well but I soon was bored of sticking them to walls and windows. The next they I came up with the idea to play some real life duckhunt. I tossed a coule of bread crumbs from the balcony and waited for the sparrows.

Once a few had gathered on the ground I loaded my gun and took aim. I fired and the sparrows scatterd into the sky.

Anyway I managed to kill one with a spitball and this story is getting pretty long so I'll end it here.