GUN Anyone see this book?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by farrelly, Oct 26, 2006.

1. farrelly

farrelly New Member

I was in the book store today and i saw this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Well-Regulated-Militia-Founding-Fathers-Origins/dp/0195147863/sr=1-3/qid=1161832564/ref=sr_1_3/103-5415237-8255817?ie=UTF8&s=books

Its called A Well-Regulated Militia: The Founding Fathers and the Origins of Gun Control in America. I didn't buy it becasue i wanted to check out some reviews of it and a basic synopsis before i shelled out money on a hardcover book. Its hard to tell if it comes off as pro or anit gun, but one of the reveiws says that the book was funded by The Joyce Foundation which i guess is an anit gun organization. I might check it out once it comes out on softcover or pick it up from the library.

2. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Well, if you really look at the Founding Fathers' views on guns, I think your conclusions would be pretty obvious: Guns for all citizens.

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I've seen people skew the founding father's views to make it sound like their ideas are completely outdated. I've even seen reports that said that the founding fathers didn't actually say some of the things that they said or that we're just taking it out of context or they just had to say those things to rally their troops. What most anti gun fagtrons seem to cling to religiously is how the founding fathers never could have foreseen the weapons and technology that we have access to today.

4. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Also, what can be said, is that they never foresaw us flying in planes, but that doesnt mean its unconstituional and so they made laws to allow it.

And guess what, I can legally own a plane. That too can arguably be used as a weapon