Anyone return an item back to Amazon.com?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by makaveli662xxx, Nov 21, 2003.

1. makaveli662xxx

makaveli662xxx New Member

I have purchased an Apple 10 GB iPod from Amazon.com. I very much like it, but I want to get a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra. It holds more and is alot cheaper.

I have read the return policy, and it says you can return it within 30 days. They do not accept:

Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, or is missing parts.

Does that mean that I cannot return the iPod because I opened it and used it? It is still in excellent condition. I handled it with extreme care. I have deleted all the mp3's I have stored on the iPod. It is as if it was when I took it out of the box for the first time. I still have 20 days left before the 30 day limit expires.

So has anyone returned an item to Amazon.com and received a FULL REFUND?

Please respond with what you returned.

Thanks.

2. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

I returned a soundcard on a deal that went sour over a year ago. Story begins, www.amazon.com offers a 20 pack of OEM Sound Blaster Live! soundcards for little under $30. Thinking my Dad and I could use them for the PC's we make, or to sell on ebay to make a little pocket money, I ignorantly bought a pack. Weeks go by, and the thousands of orders - some people ordered 200 count 20 OEM packs received one sound card per order - instead of the originally 20. Of course I bitched at amazon, they addmitted it was a typo and gave me the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) which let me ship it back tot hem for free. Took a month, but the charge on my CC was refunded.

As far as opening the thing, I only opened the box that amazon gave me. I left the small white box (which housed the sound card) alone, since I had no intention of keeping a $20 soundcard which I paid $30.

My interpetation of "Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, or is missing parts."

Say you bought a Gundamn put-it-together model. You cut out all the plastic peices and connect them. Once you are done, you find out that you don't like it. You obviously can't return it, because it is no longer in it original condition. I think you are OK, you cleared the IPOD of its .mp3's and hopefully you didn't scarth the screen or dent a button or something. Make sure you place everything in its original little baggy and include all the little documents. You should be ok. Make sure you fill out the on-line return forms and include a copy of your packing slip and reciept in with your order.

Good luck.

Oh p.s IPOD's are rumored to have a battery life of 18 months. :hs:

3. makaveli662xxx

makaveli662xxx New Member

Thanks for the reply. The iPod looks the same as if I just opened it from the box. I will try to return it to get a full refund. Thanks once again!