GUN Anyone own a Fal

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Genesis98, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Genesis98

Genesis98 Guest

I'm thinking about buying one.

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

they're fun as hell. if you want a battle rifle in .308, that's the platform to use. my friend has several DSA FALs. the mag release is a bit odd if you're used to an AR, but mags are cheaper, even new in wrap. i always expected the recoil to be horrible, but it's definitely managable, and not bad at all for a .308 semi auto.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

So many guns, so little time. No FALs yet, but i want a DSA SA58, maybe a carbine. :naughty:

4. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

FAL's illegal in CT :(

5. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

I have a FAL L1A1 , love it to death. The .308 is much more funner to shoot then the .223, nothing like mowing down a junker car without having to step up to military grade weapons :o It is very managable and fun to shoot. Mine has been nothing, but reliable. Nothing like my Cetme G3 which has been somewhat problematic.

The Cetme is a decent entry level .308 since you can get them for $400-$450, but they are picky about what magazines you use with it. Plus the Cetme's has ALOT more recoil then the FALs, they are also louder. Hell the shockwave coming from the muzzle was enough to tear off bark off the tree stump I use as a rest.

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

The FN's are, the DSA's aren't. :bigthumb:

7. meat-head

meat-head Guest

gun laws are so strange.

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Guest

Hello -- new guy on board.

Now that I got the intro outta the way, the FAL is a sweet rifle. I have that was build on an Imbel type II receiver and it has been a great weapon. I use to build AR-15s and thought they were great, but there's nothin' like dumpin' a mag and having smoke roll out of the three holes on the handguards.

Accuracy isn't too bad. You will find the average gun to shoot ~2" MOA at 100 yards.

Here's a picture of mine, and for more pictures and a 1911 project, check out my page at http://webpages.charter.net/usmcsilver

[​IMG]

9. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

:naughty: