anyone own a DEH-P7400MP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iDrive, Nov 27, 2002.

1. iDrive

iDrive OTAP crew. Muradadog crew. GO GATORS!

If so, what do you think about this product. Its very close to what I had before it was stolen except it can play mp3s. Would you suggest this product? Any downfalls to this product?

edit: I saw the list price for this on sounddomain.com for 229.99

2. lucid

lucid Guest

i love it so far - the only complaint i have is that you can't get rid of track spaces with mp3 cds.

3. icgraven

icgraven Guest

I hate,but then again i don't use mp3. They seriously stripped down this years model to accomadate MP# playback and keep the price point the same. I had the 7300 and loved it. I just removed my 7400 and put back in the Stock Lexus pioneer deck which sounds a whole lot better and IMHO is far beetter quality.

4. APMD

APMD New Member

my friend has one and I think it is pretty nice, I have the old 8000R, the first ones that had the organic display, soild head unit, have had it for around 2 years now. I think the 7400 is a great head unit for the price, I would however get the 9400 if I was in the market for a new headunit.

good luck

5. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

Had one, hated it, sold it... bought a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X859 instead. The canyon-sized gaps between MP3 tracks was completely unacceptable and the display's constant alternating between fucked up colors to prevent burn-in was horrible at night.

Avoid it like you would a naked Rosie O'Donnell.

6. IspitHotFire

IspitHotFire 3 Greatest rappers of all time ? Dylan, Dylan, and

I have it and it's fine.

Be a man, dont use pussy ass MP3 cd's :fawk:

Oh yea, and the invertion of colors is a demo mode option that you can turn off, smart guy.

7. Whalephat

Four hours of VBR CD-quality MP3 on a single disc > switching CDs all the time :fawk:

Maybe on the 7400 but there was no apparent option for that on the Premier 740 that I had. Drove me absolutely batshit at night when the thing would kick into black font on indiglo backlit screen.

8. IspitHotFire

IspitHotFire 3 Greatest rappers of all time ? Dylan, Dylan, and

To me, being able to put 100 songs on 1 MP3 CD is useless. Too many choices. I'll stick to my 16 song CD's and deal with the HUGE pain of switching a cd...... *rolleyes*

9. Whalephat

There's a word for the inability to handle the complexity of making choices: STUPIDITY

[​IMG]

Thanks for playing... there are some nice parting gifts for you on the way out. :fawk: