Anyone own a Bose Lifestyle 48 series? Or bought a plasma / lcd in last few years?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FLY-FAST, Apr 2, 2009.

1. FLY-FAST

FLY-FAST OT Supporter

Hey, does anyone on OT have a Bose 48 series home theatre. I am not thinking about buying one, just wanted to ask some questions to those who may already have...

On another note. I've got about $2500 to spend on a new TV. I'd like something wall mountable - the bigger the better(hopefully min 50"). Has anyone bought anything in the last couple of years within that price bracket they could recommend?

2. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I bought a samsung 52" 850 in feb. Bought it locally at Best Buy for $2199. Samsung's new line of LCD (maybe plasmas also) just came out but the 55" were ~3500 or so.

3. Stupify

Stupify OT Supporter

You can get a 50" Pioneer 5020fd plasma for $2299 at best buy right now. The only TV I'd even think about getting.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I just set up a 46" Samsung LCD that I got for free because the shipping company effed up. (MSRP ~$2400, IIRC.) It is a thing of beauty.

I also set up a 40" Toshiba LCD for my mom a few weeks ago. It's not as pretty when it's turned off, but it works very well when it's on. Lots of hookups, too.

5. cacique78

cacique78 Member

If you have to have bose then get the v20 or v30 lifestyle series.

It will give you a lot more flexibility on what you can connect to it and it's a lot cleaner looking and it will sound the same as a 48 (which it's not saying much btw).

As far as TVs go with a Pioneer before they stop making them or a Panasonic