Anyone or their gf use the Nuva Ring?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My, uh, friend was on the patch, and now her doctor wants to put her on the Nuva Ring. We know nothing about this. Please post your experiences with it. I'm paranoid when a girl is on the pill, but I loved the patch. I don't know anything about the ring.

And can you feel it up there? I mean can the guy feel it up there?

2. kiri

kiri New Member

i'm on it, it works great for me. the only birth control i'd been on before was depo-provera (the shot that you get every 3 months) and that gave me horrible side effects at first, like the first 6 months when i was adjusting to it. the nuva ring has given me no side effects at all, i put it in for 3 weeks then take it out for a week, you get your period like 2-3 days after you take it out usually. i can't feel it up there at all, and no guy has ever noticed it :dunno: i mean if you were searching up there for it you'd feel it but for regular sexual activity i doubt you'd encounter it.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

How do you take it out? Like if a guy can't feel it up there I imagine it goes higher up than his dick would reach, so how do YOU reach it to get it out?

4. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

My ex used the ring and I could feel it. On the other hand I am 6'5" with huge ass hands! During intercourse I couldn't tell you if I felt it or not due to the fact that who pays attention? Other then that she loved the ring over the pill!

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why are you asking this? why don't you have your girl friend ask a doctor or ask around with girls?

Either way, I had a friend who loved it, however her fiance said he could kind of feel it a little.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Cuz the girl isn't an OT member :p She's like "I'll do research on their website." I'm like "I'll do research on OT."

7. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

My friend takes it and she likes it. My sister also is on it. To take it out you squat down like your are going to pee on the ground and it will come down from where it is so you can grab it. My sisters husband said he cant really notice it and you can also take it out for sex or whatever for a short period of time. I personally dont like the idea of it, but the two people i know of like it. It did give my friend headaches though.

8. kiri

kiri New Member

it sits a little bit farther forward than the dick goes, i think... i'm sure you can find a diagram online if you look up nuva ring. to get it out i just use my fingers and kind of curl them forward and i can feel it that way. it's pretty soft and flexible and not very big.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Kind of seems like it defeats the purpose.

10. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I think it's great that he's attempting to do a little bit of research himself. I think more guys should take an active part in their SO's birth control.

That being said, I loved the patch and absolutely hated the ring. It was literally very irritating. I would never go on it again.

11. Paulblo

Paulblo OT Supporter

my gf uses it. 90% of the time you can't feel it durring intercourse. there's been times wheni pull out and the ring is mangled around my penis, but that doesn't happen very often. sometimes it gets hot and heavy and we take it out for a bit for sex then put it back in when we're done.

12. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

Uh no, just because its comes out for a little bit doesnt mean its not working. Dont worry, I wouldnt give false advice. They can read it if they think I am lying.

13. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

the only problems we had was it coming out on a couple of occasions during sex and sometimes being a able to feel it if you are fingering her. thats the only things that I hate about it. she likes it better than the pill though :dunno:

14. Seto Kaiba

Seto Kaiba Screw the rules I have money!

The patch can cause long term heart problems, cause heart attacks, and have problems with clotting, so I've heard. There's a pretty big law suit right now about it. Anyways, the ring is just as safe as the patch as far as birth control, but it's not as good as the pill with preventing heart and clotting problems, but still better than the patch.

15. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

my gf was on the BC shot, and got off that a few months ago, we where trying to find a new BC but we both dont like the idea of that ring.

16. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I havent heard any good things about it from users. I have a couple of friends who tried it and they said it was a bit irritating. I myself havent tried it so I cant give you a personal experience.

17. jestre

jestre New Member

My wife tried it before my vasectomy. I could feel it occasionaly, nothing bad. but it also gave her migraines.

18. strawberrykiss

strawberrykiss New Member

I've been on Nuva Ring for over a year, and I absolutely love it. I have had no problems with it, and it actually shortened the length of my period. I've never had problems with it coming out when it's not supposed to or anything, and the guy says he doesn't feel it unless he's intentionally trying to. I've previously tried the pill, the shot, and the patch, and none of them have worked as well as Nuva Ring. I had too many other bad side effects from the other types of BC. None from Nuva Ring.

19. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

ex did, and often I would pull out and the ring would be lassoed around my cock

20. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

I dunno I was thinking about it (I'm on the shot now) and I just don't trust it... anyone know the stats for effectiveness? how easy is it to screw up?

21. Two toys

Two toys New Member

I came in her all the time, she never got pregnant... the thing was completely noticable while fingering... but during sex it wasnt so bad.. i got snagged on it once and bled... but it worked and she didnt mind it.

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

All birth control can have those side effects, you just have a higher risk of having them with the patch. Virtually everything in life has risks. Personally, I'm going back on the patch after I have this baby.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Alright.

So her doctor told her to put it in the day she gets her period (we're both thinking "eww,") leave it in for 3 weeks, and then take it out for a week. Now think about that. That's going to have it out for one week when she's NOT on her period. Does that sound backward to anyone else?

We're also wondering if it's going to smell nasty. I mean, you're putting it in the first day of the period. Gross. And it's going to sit up there and be bathed in blood. Sick. And then if we're having sex (after the period ends, duh), it's gonna have 3 weeks worth of blood and cum collection, and isn't it going to be sitting there, smelling?

So do these instructions sound correct? Or do you think that's just a "first cycle" thing? I liked the patch so much better. You wear it for 3 weeks, take it off, the period comes, then you put it back on. Easy and obvious. This ring thing is confusing me.

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

That is just a first cycle thing. Eventually the week she is not wearing it will be the week she has her period.

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ Good. That makes much more sense.