WEB Anyone make money off a forum?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Robb, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

Ive made enough to come out a little ahead, but was wondering if anyone made actual money off of adsense w/ a forum.

2. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

no.
    i really dont run ANY advertising right now except a banner with cpxinteractive.com

it gets mea bout .$10 a day :(

3. Robb

Robb Guest

i sell banner space to local businesses, but w/ adsense i make .05 a day :hsd: somedays a few ppl will click and ill get $2-3 though

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

The only way to make money via adsense from a forum is by having DIESEL traffic.

<500 uniques a day and your revenue is worthless.

5. Robb

Robb Guest

ya, i have a couple hundred unique and its not making anything

6. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

fazle does im sure :)

7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

an OTer here runs a car forum with 30,000 people, and he said he makes $1,900 a month, but thats not just adsense, on top of it he does affiliate stuff, and has a store for the forum where he sells merchandise and some popular parts.

8. elekt

elekt New Member

it depends on the niche. Real money is made on forums with subscriptions. You just need a niche that people are willing to pay to be a member of.

9. Robb

Robb Guest

I dont think that is feasible w/ my forum :hsd:

10. Robb

Robb Guest

funny thing, made this thread today and i had my record day for adsense so far, made $6 so far today, had 11 clicks

11. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

I use auctionads on my forum, it seems to convert a little better than adsense... but still don't make much on the forum. Made $22 yesterday on adsense on my blog though, biggest single day so far :)

12. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

of course, it's www.cloverfieldnews.com got in on the hype around that JJ Abrams movie right when the first trailer was in front of transformers, i got quite a few hits then and made some money, but shit has taken off since the new trailer was released friday... already over 100,000 unique hits for november :wiggle:

13. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

i was surprised how fast this site took off. I have a few other blogs for movies (SAW) and it usually gets like 300 hits a day around the time the SAW movies come out, and a good amount of ad clicks, but nothing like this. Averaging at least 5,000 hits a day from when the first trailer was released up until friday, now I'm getting between 15k and 20k a day....

14. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

I've made a little bit off of my new forum. If you include donations, I've made enough to upgrade the site to its own server.

15. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

I make a little bit of money with Adsense, just enough to cover hosting. I'll probably make more once I open the site up for more advertisers.

16. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

my site (mentioned in posts above) was posted again on the usa today pop candy blog :) this is the 3rd time, they always send me tons of traffic... last time it got picked up by the VH1 best week ever blog too...

17. Robb

Robb Guest

its nowhere near miami :o

18. Robb

Robb Guest

and how much do you make off of that, if you dont mind me asking ;)

19. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

well when the first trailer came out with transformers I was making about $15 a day just on adsense... then it died down when no info was being released, to about 7-9 a day, now with this new trailer, i made 22 yesterday and already 10.40 today, so it's picking back up and at the beginning I sold a few text links for between 20-30 a month... and then auction ads is hit or miss... i've made about 80 bucks over 2 months... so im happy with how it's going... ill just need to find another niche to get in on when this movie hits theaters

20. pkr

pkr Guest

If you would like to share your methods maybe we can arrange something. PM me for info.

21. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

What were you curious about, i have no problem sharing... but for this one i really didn't do a whole lot, the combination of a great domain name and huge viral marketing campaign by paramount helped the site grow on it's own.

22. pkr

pkr Guest

Where are you looking to be "in the know" of what is forthcoming in terms of these movies. Did you see a trailer before a movie or do you have any inside contacts who mentioned the movie to you?

23. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

in for this.

24. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Awesome, congrats! I was pretty hyped for the movie for a couple months there. Kind of forgot about it and didn't know there was a new trailer :noes:

I did plan to setup an actor fan site related though but have been too lazy to get it done lol. Maybe I will have to come begging for a link exchange lol ;)

25. ablaye

ablaye New Member

I agree. I have about 5 forums and I make less than $1/day in all 5 forums combined.