MIL Anyone made the switch from Reserve to Active

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Smooth Criminal, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal New Member

Hey guys i've been in the reserves since late 02 got deployed once but money is getting tight and I wouldn't mine serving out the rest of my commitment on Active Duty which would take me to 2008. So basically by the time I would get around to going Active it would be about 2 years active time.

Whats it like getting the duty station I want or will they just send me where they want? And further more will I know what duty station I'm getting before I actully sign my active contract?

Thanks.

2. Smooth Criminal

lol that sucks where did you go for that year?...we got activated in march 03 to go to Iraq and then I guess they didn't need our unit so we sat around at mob site for a month and we went down to GTMO for a year. crazy shit.

i want to go to the air national guard but i called my unit today and they said that the CG isn't allowing branch transfers.

does anyone know how to get out of this? Should I switch to another command and then put in my request to change and hope they have some cool generals that allow me to switch?

i mean this is..if i don't go active duty.

3. Smooth Criminal

Ok because theres is "home station" and "reserve base"

Reserve base could be anywhere.