Anyone know where to find car sub box designs?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by turbo35, Mar 12, 2004.

1. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

I'm trying to make my own box, but figuring out all the flush angles etc is making my head hurt. :hs:

Anyone know where I can find box designs online? I'm trying to make a box out of 3/4" MDF, total height around 12-13", shooting for a .7 cu/ft interior, and having a ~20-25 degree back slope.

Any ideas?? :x:

2. cassetti

cassetti New Member

why you going to do it sloped? why not do it just vertical? - and what do you mean 'box designs'.

course you could make your life alot easier - and just fiberglass! - pm me and we'll talk if you got q's about fiberglassin (i do car audio on the side)

3. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

Sloped so it fits snug against the angle of my back seat.

Box designs, I'm talking about specs for board length/width, cut angles, etc. Why is fiberglassing "easier"? You still have to build a box underneath...?

4. cassetti

cassetti New Member

no you don't need to build the box underneith - you just need to do a good shaped fiberglass box - do many layers - your box could be way stronger then mdf box.

Nice thing about fiberglassing - you make the mold in the car using fiberglass - then trim down - put more layers in - then fiberglass front - and sand, paint - and you now have a box that fits snug - and is just awsom looking if done correctly - look into it - you will find that they are eaiser to make then you think.

but if you realllly want to have a box made out of mdf - grab someone who has a copy of bass box professional 6.0 - you enter dimensions - and it can calculate the rest of them - as well as the cutouts.

powerful program - mine is not working correctly right now though......

5. b0b

b0b OT Supporter