GUN Anyone know much about the new Ruger 22/45 RP?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BlazinBlazer Guy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I just came across the new "RP" version of the 22/45 that accepts regular 1911 grip panels, and I was thinking it might be cool if I could buy just the lower and get a Tac-Sol upper to pair with it.... anyone know if that's possible, or where I can find the lower if so?

2. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

It's about time Ruger did this. I have a Ruger 22/45 MarkII with a TacSol threaded barrel on it and would love to have the option of putting 1911 grips on it without dremelling out the lower.

I believe I've heard that Ruger will not provide a lower separately. They will replace lowers on guns that are sent back to them for warranty/repair work, but they don't sell them.

3. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

Good luck finding just the lower, they are not sold separately. Only way to get one is the off chance that someone maybe sells just the lower on gunbroker or local forums.

4. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

damn shame too considering the lower doesn't have any serial numbers on it so it wouldn't even be an ffl transfer.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

That was exactly my thinking. Kind of dumb for Ruger not to sell the lowers on their website, because I guarantee there would be a lot of people who would buy them to retrofit their existing MkII/IIIs. There's money to be made and they're missing out on the opportunity.