Anyone know much about GMC's ?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Im looking at getting a 96 Yukon 6 inch suspension lift 3 inch body and 35's. I t has a Vortech 5.7 V8 with 76,000 miles. Does anyone know how well these motors hold up and will I get at least about 14 mpg. Thanks for any info
  2. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I am no authority on Chevys but the 5.7 is a fairly reliable engine. I would say that you should do better than 14 mpg, somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18 mpg should be right on.
  3. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

Dec 8, 2001
    The first thing you need to check is whether or not it has been regeared. If it is a showtruck, which it sounds like, then it hasnt been. It probably has 3.73's in it and running 35's you are going to get horrible gas mileage around town. I have a 2000 S10 with 3.73's and 33's with the Vortech 4.3 and I get around 13 in the city and 15 on the highway. I would assume you would get the same, but it all depends on your driving habits. The motor itself should be fine. We have a 96 Impalla SS that has 73,000 on it and it still runs perfect.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the info, It has not been regeared though its all stock. Except for outside mods sus tires etc ... I will post a pic when I get it though waiting on the insurance to see if it will go up high.