COMIC Anyone know how to get Doraemon manga?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by jemrys, Jul 1, 2004.

1. jemrys

jemrys Guest

I lived in japan for a year in 96/97 and read a ton of the Doraemon books, but I cant find them anywhere online or in the states. If anyone has the hookup, please let me know!

2. JP

JP Active Member

what is it about?

All i know is that GTO made fun of it :big grin:

3. jemrys

jemrys Guest

hahahaha...

Doraemon is a blue cat type robot from the future who is scared of mice because one ate his ears. He was sent back in time to help a young boy, Nobita, by, I believe either Nobita himself, or Nobita's grandson, or something like that. Doraemon's mission was to keep Nobita out of trouble so he would grow up to be successful. Unfortunately, Doraemon ends up getting Nobita into more trouble than anything because of his 'yojigem - pocketto' (4th dimensional pocket) that he can pull neat items out of. (the 'dokodemo dooa' or anywhere door, being the most prominent, allowing them to open it and go anywhere in the universe)...

anyway - its pretty funny and is a good manga to begin with because a lot of the japanese is simple to understand and has furigana for many of the kanji that are appear in it. Its one of the most prominent and famous mangas of all time, which is why I am so surprised that we cannot find it here inthe US. I was in an anime type shop in Seattle (actually, the Tacoma Mall) and found a small plush toy of Doraemon, but that was the one and only time I have seen anything in the US.

check this site for pics:

http://www.nephco.com/doraemon/

4. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

doraemon >*

Nobita's grandson sent doraemon to the past, because nobita was a loser and his family doesn't do well in the future