Anyone know anyhting about yamaha insurance?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by NickMode, May 2, 2004.

1. NickMode

NickMode New Member

Do you have to get full coverage when u get a yamaha?

2. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

it doesn't matter what kind it is...it can be a yamaha...honda.. whatever.......but if you buy a bike you need full coverage if you still are paying on the bike. i think if you pay for enough of it so that the salvage of the bike if wrecked can pay of the loan or whtever then it should be ok....but i am sure there are different laws depending on what state you are in and how you finance it.

if you pay cash...or right a check or whatever and pay off the bike right then and there... you don't have to have full coverage.

at least thats how it works to my knowledge anyway... i could be mistaken... :dunno:

3. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

u should still get full coverage on new bikes.... theres to many dick heads out there stealling it

4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

it depends on the state you're in. Yamaha only requires full coverage if you finance more than $10k in washington state.

kawasaki has the same rules. i just bought a 2004 ZX636R and paid all cash... no insurance required.

honda requires full coverage for any amount financed no matter where you buy it.

other than that, it's usually only bank loans that will stipulate insurance requirements.

but like i said, it varies widely from state to state... Cali still has mandatory liability and comprehensive for financed bikes and mandatory liability for "owned" bikes.