LGBT Anyone in here mist tan?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Mugwump, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I do it once a week and have been having problems with blotching and build-up on my hands, elbows and feet, and I especially dislike how it makes my toenails yellow (I have to buff them sometimes). I use the barrier cream but still have a problem. I think it might have something to do with dry skin, so I'm gonna start using lotion more and more during the week. I was just curious what some of your tips might be.

P.S. I'm not gay, but I consider this a good metero-fashion forum.

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I don't need to tan... :mamoru:

3. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

I've seen too many people with bad mist-tans to try it myself. My boss's boyfriend mist tans and his forhead is often darker than the rest of his face. It makes me chuckle. His nickname is now Man Tan. :mamoru:

4. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I get a pretty even tone from it, it just has a problem dry areas like hands and elbows. Anyone else?

5. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

My fiance started doing it a week or two ago and I don't like it. It's too uneven and she gets the same blotching. I am blessed with a hispanic background, so I don't need to tan, but she doesn't like tanning booths and there isn't much sun to bask in right now. :dunno:

6. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

I have to admit that I have a pasty white theater tan for most of the year, since I can usually be found in a dark theater/stage/control room.

I do bask in the sun when I get the chance, but time away from work is scarce. :(

I hope I can make it to Hawaii this summer. :x: Return to the birth place! w00t!

7. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I don't tan.. been thinking of trying this..

8. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Same here. You'll need to buy some exfoliate soap and use it on or before the mist day. You'll also need to use a lot of moisturizer since dry skin absorbs the mist and results in blotching. The barrier cream is set up to protect dry areas from too much mist, but it isn't always effective. Make sure to coat your nails with the cream or they'll turn yellow (my toenails still get stained though).

There's a definite art to this, and I'm always trying to figure out a better way to do it. I don't tan for a dark tone though; I simply tan to get a tone that's one step above deathly pale, which is my basic complexion.

9. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Does anyone have anything bad to say about a tanning booth? I've been looking to get a tan really soon. Im so white!

10. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Besides skin cancer and accelerated age marks, nothing bad to say at all. :wiggle:

11. DatacomGuy

If you don't mind, can you post a list of the exact products you use and what you do with them so we all have a better idea?

12. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I'll tan your hide for ya. :x:

13. DatacomGuy

Promise? :naughtyd:

14. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

:naughty: :x:

15. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

- exfoliate soap day on or before (try Walgreens)
    - moisture your skin thoroughly; dry skin absorb more and makes a darker area
    - wear non-white, loose-fitting clothing to the salon
    - put barrier cream on your hands and feet; not light that it absorbs into your skin but not too heavy that it's like cake frosting
    - put another batch of cream on your nails; this should be as thick as frosting
    - don't worry about eye or hair protection; just close your eyes and hold your breath (open door, exhale, inhale, close door, get other side sprayed)
    - wipe down your body thoroughly with a towel; avoid using the same, mist-saturated towel on hands and feet (use a clean paper towel)
    - don't sweat or get wet for the next 4 hours or so

Honestly, if real tanning didn't cause cancer or aging, I would do it. I'm getting sick of spraying.

16. DatacomGuy

Yeah, I could see how that would get tiring and old...

So how does it look? Real? Orangy? Too brown?

What about spraying over hair.. i gots teh hairy chest.. :hs: You go in nude? Boxers?

17. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

It has a decent, golden brown look to it. A real tan is reddish brown, this tan is a golden, orange-yellow brown. So it is leaning towards orange, but too much. It looks fine. It's just a pain in the ass and works better for women. I sweat in certain places when I workout, especially near my boxer-briefs and under my chest, and you can see the fade under there sometimes. It does fade. If you wash your face more than your body, the tan fades from your face. :p

18. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

P.S. It only takes like 15 minutes to get it done in the salon. Walk-in, pay, undress, put the lotion on, spray, wipedown, etc. It's just tedious to make it look real.