MIL Anyone in here attended Sapper Leader Course?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DaRkPhAnToM, Aug 3, 2009.

1. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

I will be going very soon. If so any tips? I have been to multiple breaching and demo schools/courses so I am good on that...

2. brettD

brettD New Member

in for answer, starting the road to 21b sept 15 and this course def peaked my interest.

3. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

heard it sucks more then ranger school. lots of math equations to do under pressure

4. kazimer

kazimer New Member

Get the Sapper Leaders Course Handbook
    You have to sign up for a knowledge center on AKO and its listed there.
    I have it but its under my SIPR files and dont want to cause spillage

5. kazimer

kazimer New Member

If I remember correctly you are a Ranger so I am sure you can make it physically.

Are you going with your unit or as a solo guy? Most people end up working together to get through the course as you can end up finishing but not having enough points to get the tab.

edit: most people fail patrolling or cant keep up on the runs. if you are good at learning on the fly and then applying it, you should be good

also I am not a Sapper am/was a 21A, did a 6 month trainup and gave up my slot for EOCA: http://omems.redstone.army.mil/departments/explosive-ordnance-disposal-training/

got screwed over and they[EOBC cadre] never enrolled me...however they cancelled my ATRRS date for Sapper School and have been bitter ever since :o

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. as a cadet can I sign up for this and get this handbook?

edit: actually I don't think I can.

7. kazimer

kazimer New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Palm Centro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

if you have ako access you should be able to message the knowledge center owner.

I was at ft leonardwood when they were finalizing the handbook. it has never been under wide circulation and most places pulled its online copy as the gwot progressed

8. it says i have read only access and when I try to register for the knowledge center it won't let me. i'll get a copy though some how.