Anyone here with Sennheiser HD600's?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cavefish, Jul 18, 2003.

1. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I'm thinking about getting a pair for music/dvd's and such through my computer, seeing as how I'm a college student living in an apartment and don't want to spend the money on a nice HT setup that will piss off everyone within a mile radius of me. Right now I use a pair of Sony V700's which are good for some bass heavy things, but the overall sound quality is somewhat lacking.

Are they worth the extra money or would I be better off going with the 580's which are $199 right now from headphone.com?

Edit: I'll probably also be getting an amp of some sort from Headroom to go with these, so driving them won't be a problem.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2003
  2. 04

04 Guest

Well, you can get the hd-600's for around 250, so unless you can get the 580's for a bit less than 199, I would just go for the 600's.

They are absolutely amazing headphones. They are probably the best sound reproduction I have ever heard from anything, speaker or headphone.

They are super comfy too. If you have a receiver, I wouldn't worry about getting an amplifier for them, as unless you want to listen at brutal loud levels, you wont need one.

3. cavefish

Where have you seen them for $250? Headroom has B-stock for that price, but the new ones run around $279.

Know of any reliable sites that sell them for less?

4. 04

04 Guest

I got mine for 250 at newegg.com Right after I bought them, I believe they started charging $350 there though.... :sad2:

5. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Yea, they are. I just checked. :wtc:

6. cavefish

Oh well, I'll just order them from Headroom tomorrow. I'll post a little review once they come in and I get to try them out.

7. Chaosen1

Chaosen1 Now this is an import model

eek, $250 for headphones...livin' the high life