GUN Anyone here with a cx4?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by silversilvia, Apr 27, 2008.

1. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

I've been thinking about one for a while now. I finally picked up one in 9mm uses 92 mags for 500 brand new from a private individual. I believe it is a good price for the 9mm.

I own 2 92's and owned a 96D before. so i have a lot of these mags lying around, and now i just got 2 more with the guns. I am planning on getting some 32 round magazines and it should be fun.

My review:

The gun is super easy to strip i was a little surprised how everything just flies apart and how little parts it has. I was a little disappointed by the ergonomics. the grip is really big. I mean i love my 92FS which is considered a large gun, but the grip on this is a lot bigger around.

The gun is front heavy, as the thing is mainly polymer and the action is where your grip is. it tends to create a pivot point so as soon as you unshoulder it the nose tends to dive. also the way the gun is made to be ambidextrous makes some area of my hand jam into an edge above the grip, also my wrist gets in the way where the grip and buttstock connect. I like how it is very compact and easy to clean.

I plan on putting and EOtech on a top rail which may even make it more front heavy. I have to shot it yet but i am super excited.

anyone here own one and what are your thoughts?

2. mvizos

mvizos New Member

I've got a CX4 in 9mm, love it. I just put the top rail on, but still don't have any thing on it. Even with the standard sights, it's a ton of fun.

Several thousand rounds through it, one of my favorite guns. I bought one of the aftermarket 32 round mags, had some issues with it. Then bought a beretta factory 20round mag, worked great.

3. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

I've wanted to try out the HiPoint 995 with the ATI stock, it looks almost exactly like the cx4 but its half the price.

4. mvizos

mvizos New Member

And it's nowhere near as nice. I have one. it's not a terrible gun, mine is reliable enough, but just doesn't feel as nice, weighs a ton. When I go to the range with both, people try both, and always prefer the beretta, even people that don't know the difference between the two. (I've taken both with me a few times when introducing new people to shooting)

5. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

I figured that much, but its half the price. You get what you pay for.