GUN Anyone here watch "Combat Zone" on the Military Channel? V. Depiction of ACOG reticle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Was watching the episode about the convoy that was on patrol near Thartar lake, and was ambushed by militia/insurgents. There was one point, after the ambush where a soldier with a DMR or just an M16A4 with ACOG was searching for the insurgent emplacement, and they (read: the production crew for the show) went through the effort of showing (making in a video editing program) the doughnut style reticle of the ACOG (presumably because they either knew thats what one looked like, or were allowed to look down the sight of one while filming a re-enactment) I thought it was a nice touch, since most programs like that just show a generic cross hair, and we all kinda go :hsugh:

Looked like a crude (yet surprisingly accurate) depiction of this:

[​IMG]

So I have to give props to the production crew on "Combat Zones" for at least trying to represent an accurate first person perspective from an ACOG. :bigthumb:

2. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

I only use iron sights out to about 400 meters. After that I use magnified iron sights.

3. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

:rofl: I can't tell if your trying to be funnhay or serious.

Edit: Never mind, other thread was explained it and was full of lol and aids.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008