Anyone here using an IUD?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BrokenHalo, Apr 25, 2005.

1. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

Just curious if any of the ladies are using an IUD. I'm looking for opinions that aren't clinical in nature. I've done my research on it and am just curious as to what people actually think of its effectiveness and possible side affects anyone has had. Thanks a bunch in advance ;)

2. LoSt

LoSt New Member

I have one for about a year now and I love it. It's called Mirena..not only is it an IUD but it also contains hormone. Period is less heavy and I'm double protected. No babies for me and sex whenever. I'm terrible at taking pills everyday and I tried the patch and hated sticking it on myself. So pretty much the IUD is VERY low maintenance I just stick my finger in every month to make sure the string is still in place.

3. I was on my IUD for 2 years before i took it out. it kinda killed my PH balance inside of my virgina, and i get infections and shit all the time. went to a gyno about it, she told me that's normal. they say it's not recommended for women who's never had a kid before because your uterus isn't really stretched out enough for it. (i don't see the big deal myself, that little device is way smaller than a penis).
    IUD is also known to be most effective during its first year, but i've heard a few stories of people whom i know got pregnant with the IUD in. it is VERY dangerous because the IUD can pierce thru your uterus, and also increases the chances for miscarrage if you don't take it out soon enough.
    but then again, some people (like my mom) had it in for 15 years with the IUD technology they had 20 years ago and never got pregnant.

my personally advice: don't use it if you are with a big guy. sometimes it hurts quit a bit.

4. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

:rofl: :bowdown:

5. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

:gtfo2:

6. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

Thanks for the input. I found out yesterday that my doc wouldn't put one in because I haven't had any kids yet. It wasn't because my uterus is too small, its that your cervical opening isn't wide enough and it makes it very difficult to stretch. I also heard the dangers of it perforating your uterine wall and making it difficult to conceive later on in life and I'm not up for that risk. I want kids, just not right now. I might try the Nuvoring and see how that works. Heard some rave reviews about it. But no IUD for me for now. Thanks girls :hs:

7. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

You DON'T think it's funny that a female spelled vagina wrong?!?

8. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

this is null now, but my mom had one of those back in the early 70's and it almost killed her. she got like 10k for being part of the case against the company.

9. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

I wouldn't recommend it. I'd stick to something more common like the pill or shot. Preferably the shot if anything. There's this chart that lists how effective everything is and I'm pretty sure that the pill and shot have a higher percentage than the IUD.

10. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

one of my old roommates heard those lines before, too.... she kept pursuing other routes and finally got one. i'm not saying you should do the same thing, but :dunno:

btw, she likes it.

11. suprer

suprer New Member

:eek3: :hsugh: :rofl:

12. ND379

ND379 New Member

that was 10 years ago. they have come a long way since then. they are no longer copper for instance.

i tried depo pervera for 5 years. it made me gain 15 unloseable pounds the whole time i was on it. and i still got pregnant.
    i now have an IUD (the mirenia) and hopefully this will work. i lost the 15 pounds that i'd had for so long. and i don't get a period at all anymore, except for a little break through bleeding once in a while. and no more mood swings. I had terrible mood swings on depo.

13. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

just sharing :hs:

14. ND379

ND379 New Member

oic. sorry :hs: didnt mean to come across rud. it just seemed like you were trying to discourage anyone gettina n IUD because of what happened to your mom ten years ago.

15. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

I heard some gals get pregnant and a few months into it abort so that they can use IUD once the womb is larger.

16. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

That's a pretty sick way of being able to get an IUD.

17. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

Except there are quite a few women who cannot tolerate hormonal birth control, but who are also interested in having children later in life.

18. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Wow every chart, and every doc I ahve talked to said the new IUD's are almost perfect in pregnancy protection. They said they will beat out any other form (other than abstinance of course) of BC in effectiveness, ease of use, and overall comfortability (because of the lighter to non-existent period's).

No doc around here will put it in unless the girl has already had a kid though:squint:

Sucks cause it would be nice for my girl not to have to deal with the pill. She isnt bad about it, but to be able to just let that sit there for 5 years and do its job would be nice for her. O well she can suck it up and stay on the pill :rofl:

19. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

hmmm, never heard this. A medical abortion wouldnt do much good, and I dont even see how a surgical abortion (7+weeks) would help. Now if they had a partial birth then that would make it beneficial, but those are illegal now (arent they? i cant keep up with laws anymore).

Anyways sick none the less if its true...

20. AQT4u2NV

AQT4u2NV Guest

I have had the Paragard for over a year, and no real issues. It is the one without hormones, so no more weight gain from taking the pill! The only side effects that I noticed were a little more increased cramping. However, taking an Advil right when I felt I was about to start alleviated those pains.

Oh...not sure if you have had a kid before or not, but good luck finding a doctor who will give you one if you have never had a pregnancy.

21. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

Have u had a kid?

22. I didn't know about the needing to have had a child to get one, this may ruin my plans. I have very wide hips and I dont know if that has anything to do with it but maybe I'll be able to get one because of or somthing. I dont know, I just am never going to alter the natural flow of my body.