Anyone here use Sony Ericsson T610/616/637 cell phones?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Samuel_Adam, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Samuel_Adam

Samuel_Adam New Member

Ok i just upgraded to the SE T637 phone from cingular. I was previously using a samsung flip phone with all my contacts saved in my sim card. I noticed that when i put in my sim card in the new SE T637 phone, the contacts need to be copy to the phone first before it can be access. Is there a way to directly browse through the sim card for contact numbers instead of having to copy from sim card to phone first?

Also, if i were to add in a new contact, does it save to the phone? If thats the case, i will need to copy those new contacts back to my sim card if i were to switch to another phone right? THats kinda stupid.

Can anyone verify this? :bigthumb:

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

correct.

here's how it's supposed to work when you change GSM phones:

1) Copy contacts on current phone to SIM.

2) Move SIM to new phone.

3) Copy contacts from SIM to phone.

If you change phones again, just start at step 1 each time. It's not really any big deal. It's even less of a big deal with a bluetooth phone and something like iSync on the Mac where you can sync multiple devices with the same contact, calendar and to-do lists with the press of a button. Then you don't have to worry about the SIM card stuff.

http://www.apple.com/isync/

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

...and I do use iSync with my T616, my 3650, my iPod Mini and my Mac. :)

also worked with my T68i (P.O.S. that it was/still is), though it doesn't work with my 6230 yet. :hs:

4. CaTaToNiK

CaTaToNiK Guest

i have the T610. Phone memory is larger then simcard memory which is a good reason to use the phone memory over sim card memory. I recommend backing everything up on computer (floats mobile agent) anyways.