Anyone here listen to Arch Enemy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Wolvish, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Wolvish

Wolvish New Member

Instinct, on Anthems of Rebellion, is possibly one of my favourite songs ever. I know almost noone who listens to this kinda music, though. :hs:

2. meh. they've written some decent stuff, but they've written some really boring and samey stuff too. i really dislike the new album, i thought wages of sin had a few cool bits on it, but the early CDs seem far cooler to my ears.

heres a fun thought:

"i'm mike arnott, i'm in carcass. waah waah, i don't like the direction we're taking, it's too melodic. the band are selling out. im leaving guys."

"hey sellouts, check out my awesome new band. we're called arch enemy. we're copying your sound absolutely exactly, but without the interesting sections. i'm so indie"

3. fatlip

fatlip Transcendence Into The Peripheral

I used to like arch enemy, but then I grew out of melodic death metal and discovered that real DM is better by at least a factor of 1,000. And as far as melodic death goes, AE have never been very good, I always found them very boring and generic, earlier In flames, Dark tranquility and At the gates are much better.

4. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

I like the 'A team' for guitar solos but their music is meh

5. StonerWoCause

StonerWoCause New Member

yeah, I actually like Arch Enemy a lot, they are the band that got me into metal. i love the guitar solos and the drums are pretty sweet too. i have both the anthems of rebilion and the Wages of Sin ablums, i got the wages of sin first, it is a much better cd than anthems. i kow tons of other hardcore and metal bands too, i got into it a lot in less than a year. i probably have 50-60 metal and hardcore cds that i have gotten over the last year or so.