TAT Anyone here know anything about white inks?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chewbs, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Chewbs

Chewbs Swollen Member

I have an idea for a tattoo that requires the use of white ink for it to have the meaning and look that I would like. Now I have found somoe info on the net so I know that brand, technique, and skin tone all have an effect on it but I was wondering what people here have to say.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

[​IMG]

CAN I GET A WHITE INK TATTOO?

Most artists use white ink to highlight certain parts of your tattoo design. However, white ink is a special color that requires your artist to work closely with you. The effect of white ink differs greatly among
    clients, and its visibility and retention on the skin has much to do with the natural coloration of your skin.

White ink seems to work best on very light-skinned people.Unfortunately, this means people with dark skin would not able to get a white ink tattoo on their skin to have a "photo negative effect" that looks like a negative of a dark colored tattoo on light skin. This is
    because the ink sits under your skin, and the layer of skin over the ink is tinted with your natural skin color. So if you have very dark skin,the white will be overwhelmed with your natural melanin.

Those who have very light skin however, may use white ink exclusively to get tattoo designs that are very difficult to discern at first glance.This might be an interesting option for ankle or wrist tattoos, or other
    areas where a regular non-white tattoo would show up too easily and possibly cause problems for the wearer.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

white ink seems to fade a lot quicker than other inks (on my skin anyways)

:o

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

It's not necessarily fading, a layer of skin grows over your tattoo, your skin pigmentation is darker so you're looking at that white ink through that layer of skin. Lighter skinned people are gonna show off a white tattoo better than a darker skinned person would.

5. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

White ink is harder to work with and typically used as an accent. I've found that if your skin is dry ink tends to push out more than if your skin is moist and protected. This is speaking of skin car before the tattoo is put on. After the fact that goes without saying.

I have white that is 7 years old and looks great.

6. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

im very intrigued by white ink. might want to have something done in all white. have the perfect skin for it it sounds like, very pale.