Anyone here have a relationship with someone who originally was a friend?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BoypussY, Jan 21, 2005.

1. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

what happened during the transition from your friendship to a more serious relationship? what were the circumstances?

2. johan

johan Active Member

One person finally got the courage to make a move on the other person. Either verbally or physically.

That's pretty much the standard pattern for these things.

And it doesn't necessarily have to take a long time. That was probably your next question...?

3. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

I told her I loved her (which I did, and still do).

She told me she didn't want a relationship (because she just got out of one) so I waited a month or so.

Guess the waiting payed off, after that month she told me she loved me and we've been together 5 months since :)

4. Yukonart

Yukonart Active Member

Dood. . . if you're already best friends, that makes the relationship so much better from the start. My GF and I are best friends, and that means our time together can mean so much more than sex and affection. We actually love just hanging out with each other and goofing off. We're totally natural around each other and that never gets old.

5. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I met my current s/o through a mutual friend of ours. We would talk online all the time and go and eat dinner together and go places. Just to find out what each other liked and didnt. I dont think either of us intended to be what it is now but we are both really happy that we met and became friends first before getting involved. We have been together for a year and now and going strong.

6. BTA

BTA New Member

Current SO was originally just a friend, but then again we werent "best bud hang out all the time" type friends...just sort of when out with the gang.

Now of course we hang out constantly and are great friends as well, so all is well.

The transition was pretty gradual for us, I made some accidental gestures, she made some moves, I was a dumbass and fucked it up at first, then there was a drunken encounter, then more of my boneheadedness, then just started hanging out more and more, found we had alot in common, and bam here we are.

I honestly dont know how it happened lol

7. Altered_Ego

Altered_Ego (+.+)(-.-)(_ _) ..zz

its the best, having them as a friend and building something on top of that friendship is great

8. Charlotte

Charlotte Guest

I've known my husband since I was 12. By the time I was 15, I was starting to get interested in sort of a girlish crush sort of way, so I started to flirt a little bit; he eventually got interested, asked me out, and things sort of developed from there.

9. Rizion

Rizion New Member

Damn, wish something like that could happen to me.

10. anonymous

anonymous New Member

ditto

11. neebelung

neebelung Guest

:werd:

My boyfriend and I met via a forum we were both on (for motorcycle enthusiasts). I was dating someone at the time, but we knew several people in common... after several months, we began to hang out a bit, and became friends.

Somewhere along the lines, I broke up with the guy I had been dating, and continued to develop the friendship with Chris. It was slow going at first, cus even though we only live about 4 miles apart, we were both just really busy, so we maintained contact primarily via email and PM's, with the occasional phone call. But he was very supportive to me during some rough stuff, and I started to realize just how sweet and kind he is.

There was mild flirtation, but I really had no idea he was at all interested in me. So one night I asked him to meet me up at a little pub to have a beer and shoot some pool. When he walked in, I really looked at him for the first time in a totally different light, and realized "Whoah!! He's hot!" Lucky for me, that feeling was mutual, and that night ended up being our first "date." We've been inseparable ever since... it's now been just over 5 months.

I can honestly say, he's my best friend. If something great happens at work, he's the first person I want to tell about it. If I've had a bad day, or have sad news, he's the one who's shoulder I know I can cry on. To be able to be in a relationship where the person you are with is your companion, your best friend and your lover, all rolled into one, is perfect. I could not ask for anything more.

12. elekt

elekt New Member

we met while i was dating someone, and were friends, and after i broke up with annoying girl, i hung out with her and found out she had it for me. now we fuck.

13. Trina

Trina New Member

Wow, ready for a story?

My husband and I were in kindergarten together, I actually remember a little bit about him. We met again in high school when I was dating another guy and they both played on the same bowling league. I knew when I met him then that we would end up dating.

Took about 2 or so years and we got reaquainted, but he fell for my best friend. Of course, the fickle bitch she was, she stomped his heart.

About 2 months later we started dating, but broke up about 2 months later because I wanted to be exclusive and he didn't.

It took another 4 months before he came back to me, realizing he had left behind the best thing that ever happened to him, and we got back together and have been together ever since. That's not to say we haven't had our ups and downs, but we are still together and love each other very much. We will have our 14th anniversary this year and we are going on 15 years together.

:big grin:

14. Narcissistik

Narcissistik We are all born original, most die copies......

My current girlfriend of 2 years was my best friend for 2 years prior.

I always wanted more, but I had to wait until the time was right.

It was a pretty easy transition since we both already knew each other very well.

The sexing became the added bonus.

The whole "friend zone" thing is BS if you know how to play the game.

15. Plenum

Plenum New Member

Told her how I felt, said I would like more, she kissed me. Been great since then.

16. Silverfish

Silverfish New Member

Me and my ex were both good friends before we started going out. We just started hanging out together more and more until we were dating. It sucked though because all of our friends were the same, so it was kinda weird sometimes, thats also the reason we broke up, it sucked. Im never dating a friend again

17. Original

Original OT Supporter

Right you are. I remember with and my current gf, we both knew each other for a while but we weren't really friends.. then we were pretty good friends for about a month or two, then later in I just really started to like her but I had no clue she was into me until she told me the same day I was about to tell her .. about a month later I wanted more but she didn't want a relationship and wanted to be just friends.. then a month after that we got back together and we just kept getting closer and closer.. then about 4 months later we both confessed our love. I don't know how I could just pick up on a girl like this that i've never been first friends with. She's perfect for me :x: .. I wish I wasn't so young :wtc:

18. Nsx9red

Nsx9red New Member

My Gf and I were good friends for about 4 years.... She knew I liked her and it stayed at that.. We hung out everyday for last few months, and one thing lead to another and now we are together, Being close friends before hand really makes things better, Just being able to be yourself and no BS games is the greatest

19. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: i've been friends with my best friend for damn near 7 years... we've never dated exclusively (due to distance, etc), but have been pretty close the entire time. i always have a great time with him... we can have fun doing pretty much anything. :) it is the best thing in the world.

20. ChrisDC2

ChrisDC2 Smooth

This thread makes me think...I'm about to end a relationship with a lady "friend" because I like her so much and I don't wnat to be around again when she tells me she's seeing another guy. It just kills me. I'm going to tell her how I feel then say I can't see her for a long time.

21. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Is this the ADHD girl? I remember the thread you had made....

22. 4 Leaf Clover

4 Leaf Clover New Member

I was friends with my ex for almost a year while he was with his g/f at that time, we flirted and it was a mutual attraction so they broke up and we dated for awhile i think it was too quick after his break up though cause we broke up a few months later... It was great while it lasted though.. My new boyfriend we were friends first and have been happily together for three years now:) I think it just sets you up for a stronger realationship when you are friends first

23. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

:wavey: made the cross over about four years ago and haven't looked back yet

24. No-Logic

No-Logic Jus' Pimp'ing

I'm keen on doing the cross over, but I'm unsure how...

tips?

25. meatball

meatball you're the grasshole ya grasshole OT Supporter

:wavey: ....but three instead of four