GUN Anyone here got a CZ-82?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sorny, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Sorny

Sorny New Member

I got my C&R finally and still haven't decided what to make as my first purchase. I'm in a handgun buying mood so the Mosin Nagant will come next but first I'm considering buying a CZ-82. Ammo's not that expect (around $10/50) and I could even use it as a carry gun I think. Does anyone have one and are they worth $220?

2. Stump

Stump Member

I can't carry here in Illinois but I take mine to the range and love it.

3. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

My brother loves his CZ, but I couldn't tell you witch ones he has. I know one of his catch switch between 9mm and .22

4. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Is it pretty big? I'm thinking about getting it for a smaller carry weapon but I know its not like a mouse gun but then again I don't want to it be like trying to hide a brick either. Never seen or handled one in person, just pics. I had a Sig P230 (Walther PPK sized I guess) and I'm assuming its about that size (I don't care about weight, just size), would that be accurate?

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

9x18 isn't the best choice, you could do better, but you could also do a lot worse for $220. You will have a hard time finding good defensive ammo for it. Personally I'd save a little more money for something a bit nicer if you're going to use it to carry. Just my opinion though.

6. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Well I can find JHP's pretty easy unless you're meaning like super high quality defensive ammo like the $25/box stuff. It's really not even an issue about money, I just love the style of the gun and thought it'd be a bad ass carry weapon even though the 9x18 isn't the most stout round in the world but I used to carry .380 so I think its a little more potent than that. I'm still torn about buying the CZ-82 or just throwing a few hundred more and getting something else. I still want an CZ-82 regardless but not too sure about it as a carry weapon.

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

They definitely are cool guns, you may have trouble finding a decent carry holster for it though. I could be wrong though.

8. Sorny

Sorny New Member

I've researched it a little last night and found a lot of people do carry them and theres quite a few decent holsters for them. I'd probably do IWB. If it wasn't a C&R gun I probably wouldn't have as much interest in them but ordering it and it coming directly to my house is bad ass... I live in the boonies and only have like one gun shop in 60 miles and their guns are so overpriced you can't afford them and the last time I did an FFL transfer with them a single pistol cost me $45 with their fees alone (not including the shipping or gun price of course).