SRS Anyone here given their 1 year speach?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mycophiles, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Anyone here given their 1 year speech?

I've been told that I will be asked to give a small talk when I get my 1 year chip.

There are so many topics and I'm wondering what would be good to speak about.

Taking suggestions. :bigthumb: (sobriety 1 year date Jan. 1 2004)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  2. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

depends... for both my one and two year most of it tended to be about others in the program whom i've watched develop and change and who helped me change and develop on my own, also, I did the reading from the just for today book, and incorporated that into my little speech... but mine was at the end of the meeting, the rest of the meeting was more people talking about me a bit then something from the reading as well... birthday meetings at the NA meetings atleast at my home group and everett area stuff are taken fairly seriously, but they're also pretty laid back as well... :hs:

going to be weird trying to find a meeting like it in houston :hs:

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I never had to give a speech but i ironically was a chairperson the night of my 1 year.

It sounds generic but really talk about what you're experienced with (in terms of recovery). For me, recently this has been open-mindedness. Everyone talks about willingness - equally important - but being open minded is what changed me.