Anyone here familiar with ADL / SCORM

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AVengeance, Jan 10, 2007.

1. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

I can't describe it any better than the website

www.adlnet.org

I'm working on creating a website for teachers to create quizzes and even entire online "courses" and for students to be able to log in (with info given them by the teacher) to take the courses and quizzes. I happened upon this site, and SCORM looks like a broad standards base that is being created for e-learning. It's actually more than that, but that's the tip of the 'berg. Anyway, just wondering if anyone here is involved with it.

Thanks.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

I had to learn a bit about SCORM (basically enough to describe it to my boss) for a project at work.

I pretty much stole this page :rofl:

http://www.rhassociates.com/scorm.htm

You may want to find an open source LMS..... it'll save you TONS of time.

3. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

Cheater!!!1! :rofl:

Well, I'm trying to get a deeper learning experience going on because of the kind of website I'm tasked with creating. This is just too damn big for what I'm used to doing. There's so much broad concept and redundancy it's hard to localize something useful and... borrow it. Ah, well.
    If the concept works, it could revolutionize online learning, but it's still so experimental and liquid (and pretty obese already), so I might just do what I need to do "my way" and just keep some of the SCORM stuff like keywords, syntax, etc. in mind as I go along.