anyone here doing kettlebell exercises?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by LS Boy, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

is there such thing as 4-5 days routine just strictly for kettle bell?

ive been doign it lately.....but it seems to be conflicting with my regular routine.
    or do people just use it as an alternate weights exercise?

heres my current routine:
    M- shoulders
    T- Arms
    W- legs
    TH- back
    fr- chest

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. k624ash

k624ash New Member

Im interested in this, was thinking about using these till i can get back to my schools gym more regularly. Im working out at home and dont have a whole lot of equipment

3. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

rather than be a part of what will turn out to be a flame war (when NUDES find this thread) you guys can PM my for more info.

short answer: yes there is such a thing as a 4-5 day split for KB training but it takes an extreme amount of knowledge as far as form and program design, otherwise you will just be swinging with no purpose, unless you have a trainer.

4. snapstylez

snapstylez Aleinn Á Ný

I've been training the last 2 weeks with kettlebells, running and biking (gym membership ended this month).

It can get pretty intense depending on how short I keep the rest intervals, there are a few articles on bodybuilder.net. I've only got 2 kb's right now, a 25 and 35, but I'm planning to buy another 35 and a 45 soon, they're a little pricey, the 25 and 35 set me back about $140.

Typically I try to do 3 or 4 sets of various exercises in a work out that usually include single armed snatches, single armed cleans, swings, renegade rows and turkish get ups. If you haven't tried the turkish get up yet - give it a shot, it's one of the most intense movements I have ever tried. I was reading today about another movement called the full body attack, something about a push up on the kb, then a leap forward followed by a double armed snatch.

It's nice to be able to work out outside of the gym, but I'm not sure how effective the work out really is for strength until I can get back into a gym. I usually end up exhausted by the end but I'm liking it so far - also heard it is great for forearm and grip strength

5. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

I did it today.

26 lb

20x 2hand swings
    10x clean press each hand
    10x 1hand swings alternating
    10x push push press
    10x halos both ways

2 sets

I train in martial arts so it teaches me how to incorporate a bunch of different muscles together (compound exercises?). Plus the cardio aspect of is really crazy, when i used to lift weights I wouldnt really sweat, but 10 minutes of kettlebells is disgusting.

6. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

I would say it's more for conditioning simply because when you say stength training, I picture heavy squats and deads, competition stuff. KB's can make you strong but in a more versitile way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.