TAT Anyone heard of Glow-in-the-dark ink?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by J-Diablo, Feb 15, 2004.

1. J-Diablo

J-Diablo Guest

As the title says, has anyone heard of, or had experience with glow in the dark ink? Or even just ink that glows only under a black light? :dunno:

I was wondering because while my friend was getting her belly button pierced, the guy had a (so she says) really cool tribal sun thing. She said it was nice and then he grabbed a black light and shone it on the tattoo and it lit up bright white. I was thinking that it would be a cool tattoo ink to use. It'd be different. :)

2. Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape OT Supporter

Last I heard of this it was causing a lot of problems. Allergic reactions, skin problems, etc
    imagine something like that irritating the shit out of you and the only way to fix it was with a laser?:hs:

Not that it's not a cool idea, I would definately do it for a large tat if it was proven safe.:cool:

3. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

4. J-Diablo

J-Diablo Guest

I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. Sorry.

5. burton564

burton564 New Member

I asked my artist about it and he doesn't even carry the stuff, says it casues cancer adn shit.

6. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

When I was getting some work done there was a guy in one of the other booths getting the glow ink used on his piece. When it was all done, they shined a black light on it and it did in fact glow.

Apparently after it heals completely, it glows brighter but I never saw him again.

As far as the health concerns, the stuff they were using had been tested by more than a few medical colleges and such. Still not going in my skin though, even if it was 100% safe I have no desire to glow.

7. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

Smoking causes cancer, ya do that right, and its been proven to cause cancer.
    Chewing tobacco causes cancer,
    Sun tanning causes Skin cancer,
    Drugs can get you arrested, or kill you.
    Driving and drinking can kill you.
    Crossing the street can cause you to be hit by a car.

So if you dont drink, dont chew, never do drugs and dont tan
    You will probably get hit by a drunk driver that just came back from the beach and dropped his smokes, while reaching for his chew.
    The new type Glow under the Black Lite has not been proven to cause cancer, I've had UV ink in my arm for 3 years now, and it still glows,
    Yup there was a problem with some of the earlier inks, but this new stuff has no phophorus in it.
    www.TATTUZ.com