Anyone have Vonage? How do you like it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ecoshardcore, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ecoshardcore

ecoshardcore New Member

Greetings,

I am thinking about switching over to vonage. I really like the idea of
    how cheap and easy it is to use. But, I am worried about relying on the interwebs for my phone service. Anyone have any experience with it?

I am running a cable for internet

Thanks,
    Josh

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I tried it for a month. IT WAS SO FUCKING HORRIBLE. People kept calling my cell phone, and I was like "WHY?" Finally my friend told me: You sound like shit on your home line when you call me, and half the time I call your home you don't answer (because it didn't even ring) and I always answer my cell. I promptly went back to my Qwest POTS line and everyone was happy. It costs a little more, but quality usually does. It's $15 difference per month between my Qwest and the Vonage, and I still get unlimited LD.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

My sister has been using Vonage for years. I have no complaints on the voice quality when I call her. A few times she has adjusted the bandwidth that she allows Vonage to use down, and during those times I didn't like the quality at all. You might want to make some test calls when you're setting it up, and either adjust the bandwidth up or down accordingly.

4. chemicalviper

chemicalviper OT Supporter

I work in a town that for god knows what reason, alot of people use vonage and other voips - I can't tell you how many times a day I try and understand and just in the end say "please call back on another line"

5. FartLighter

FartLighter Resident Fart Expert OT Supporter

I've heard mixed things about Vonage. I have had VoicePulse for 2 years and they are awesome. I have never had a problem with it. I usually just lose my connection if I am downloading a crapload of stuff at the same time.