anyone have/use to have a Olds Bravada?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by thunderbird, Dec 11, 2009.

1. thunderbird

thunderbird New Member

I stole one for $1200 from someone who knew absolutely nothing about automobiles, but never talked to someone who has ever had one. Just wondering what you think.

2. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Pretty much the same as the Blazer/Jimmy for any given year, but with a cooler front end treatment.

4.3L V6, AWD. Bolt on a supercharger and have as close to a newer Typhoon as you can.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

The S10 Blazer based ones were junk, but the newer ones based on the GMT360 Trailblazer were nice.

4. IslanderOffRoad

Really?

I always found the S-Series vehicles to be better built.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I've had quite the opposite experience. I owned a couple different S10 Blazers that were always breaking and having various issues, but I've owned 5 different GMT360s (A couple Trailblazers, and 3 Envoys) that I've never had any real issues with.

6. Brian May

Brian May New Member

This.

I own a 98 Blazer and wouldn't recommend any S10 truck from 95-05. It's comfortable to drive and has decent pickup, but these trucks have quite a few issues and need constant maintenance. The most costly issue so far has been my misfire problem. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, 02 sensors, exhaust system, cat, and spider injection. Fucking thing still misfires.

I still have to replace the ignition starter switch in the steering column because if I use the tilt wheel, the wiring inside shorts out and triggers the security system (It's had this issue for years). The truck isn't important to me or i would have had a dealership look at it.

Honestly, you did get that truck for a decent price, but I would turn around and just sell it.

7. IslanderOffRoad

I had a 95 S10, had two problems with it.

First was the injector body needing replacement, second was a transmission replacement because of the dexcool issue.

Had I known more about them at the time neither would have been a problem as I would have caught the trans issue sooner and replaced the injector myself (or have not bought a CPI one)

8. Jerray

Jerray New Member

upper control arm bushings are a big pain with those