Anyone have Unreal Tourn. 2K3 yet?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Camcam, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

2. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

UPDATE: I called my friend who works there and he said probably Tuesday, Oct 1.

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Friends of mine had preorders...two copies each...so they had 4 extras. But on the shelf copies are ahrd to come by.

4. ASav

ASav New Member

Any idea when this comes out for PS2?

5. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

It's not. Only the X-Box, and it will be called Unreal Championship. It will only have horizontal levels, as apposed to very large and very vertical levels on the PC.

6. ASav

ASav New Member

Thanks, guess I'll see how much I can get X-box for:eek:

7. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Update!

Ok, so heres the deal...friends of mine have extra retail copies of UT2k3...we went to go make CloneCD's to back them up for a little LAN we had...and lowe and behold...THEY DONT WORK!
    CloneCD detected no protection, and the game installed fine. Untill you go to play it. Then it simply doesnt load.
    Reinstalling the game with the retail disks doesnt help either. It will simply refuse to play fromt hat point on.
    One of the guys was playing the retail version on his PC, up and running just fine. He uninstalled it, installed with the CloneCD copies, and as happened before, it wouldent load. And uninstalling,a nd trying to reinstall with the retail disks, cause the same failure to load.
    We also tried to load a working retail install of the game with a CloneCD disk (again burned off of a FULL RETAIL disk, no warez here) and it would not load the game, and refused to load afterword with a retail disk.
    And the only solution to these problems was to completely reinstall XP. :ugh:

So, it appears as if someone has finally implimented the cripling code into a game. I.e. the one that reads the lead on the disk and sees if its a CD-R or not (all CD-R's have a lead that give the burner information on the size of the CD, like a boot-boot sector), and then criples the game withen the OS to keep it from running. So far i havent seen a no-cd patch for the game, and havent seen any sort of fix for the exe. As doing some quick browsing on the ISO news forums showed the same issue on the group release of UT2k3, though its considerably less sparatic in nature.

Anyway, just wanted to give you all teh heads up. I prefer to make backups of all my games, specificly so the retail disks dont get lifted at large LAN's. And this is rather discouraging to my chanches of actually buying this game. Which is a shame, cause its not half bad.