MIL anyone have thier CCAF (AF question)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by evan2, Oct 11, 2005.

1. evan2

evan2 Guest

so I never was really into doing the school thing while in, took a class related to the job when I first got in and passed
    of course did the ALS thing
    but while being at fairford since we are small its easy to get the clep and dantes.. not hard at eglin but we didnt have emails with extra tests and them asking if we wanted to take

so being bored i took this intro to computing without studying or anything and passed to my surprise since i dont work with comps in the AF and it was all these dos questions..
    im just a pirate....

so I got this email saying I only needed 15 more credits for my CCAF...iwas like ekk really
    I never took any classes but that one and that one dantes.. rest is tech and basic

so its just the basics.. english, SS, speech, math and humanities

now though my internet engrish skills lack to most of yall Im pretty good at it.. The only thing I hate is math.. so ima clep them all

but if you didnt know.. it really is that easy and in the future you will need your CCAF if you want to make e8 or e9

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

If you are looking at the AF as a career the CCAF is an excellent place to start. Not only does it help on your EPR, it also is the easiest way to obtain your associates, and start working towards a bachelors. I have also heard the rumors that the AF is looking at making it mandatory to have your CCAF in order to be promoted to E8, but you know how rumors are.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I think that's a cyclic thing. When I was getting out in '83, the Air Force was in a "we have too many people" mode, much like today. One of the ways they were weeding people out was education. We were strongly encouraged to show progress towards a degree. And anyone that wasn't working on their degree was likely to find that the option to reenlist wasn't open to them.

4. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

you're right about it being cyclic. right now, the major selection board is masked from seeing anything you've done beyond your bachelor's. however by the time i'm up for major, a masters could very well be mandatory. just follows the "needs of the air force."

one thing is for sure though - pursuing your education in any manner will never be looked at as a bad thing.

5. Ranger-AO

:werd:

No matter what job you have, military or civilian.

6. brackac

I continue to pursue a degree, but it can run faster than I can. :mad:

7. Ranger-AO

Hey - if you caught that smokin' RP in your av, you can definitely hustle up an associates degree. It's all about motivation. :bowdown:

8. brackac

She's not much into running.

9. Ranger-AO

:rofl:

10. evan2

evan2 Guest

yea im not asking if its good to have, I know this and I did speak on the e8-e9 thing
    but is it really that easy, if that is the case how come most dont have them?

11. Ranger-AO

Not everyone gets a lot of credits for tech school. I would guess that someone with an admin AFSC would be a lot farther from attaining a degree than you are.

12. evan2

evan2 Guest

well in went for engineering so I did get a lot though I didnt think it was that many, because even co workers got thiers and I know its a big deal but he was a TSgt already, If I knew I was this close I would of have gotten mine earlier

I guess it was me being lazy in florida and now the fact that fairford is so smalland our training mgrs actually email us all the time with extra tests they have and if anyone wants to order more
    since its slow here they are all about the CCAfs and stuff, so ima get mine soon

Plus the lady that does it runs the spouses club and my wifes a member so shes all like telling the wife omg hes only 15 credits away.. all happy ns hit