Anyone have the BB 8820?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 4W4K3, Mar 28, 2008.

1. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I've had my RIM BlackBerry 8820 for about 5 days now. So far it's been great for me. I wanted a phone with internet and WiFi, that was customizable and "accessible"...if that makes sense. I have no use for GPS, but it also has that.
    Anyone have one? What are your opinions/gripes/praises.

My biggest complaint so far is the connectivity from BB to PC. All the software I've tried so far is terrible. Desktop manager randomly crashes, media manager is useless, etc. I'd much rather drag/drop my media and organize it myself, which is what I've resorted to.

I absolutely love the screen, best one I've used on any phone ever. I actually spent $20 on screen protectors I liked it so much, I don't want a scratch on it. The casing and overall feel of the phone is solid and secure. No weird squeaks or creaks. At first I thought it was too big for me, after I got used to not shoving it in my pocket like my other smaller phones I got over the size. My last phone was very thin, not too long ago the thinnest available actually.

Currently updating my OS and adding a bunch of shit to the MicroSD card.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

make sure you optimize your OS. Mine was running only about 13MB free and it was having issues... Got rid of all the shit I'll never use and now it's running 25MB free and its super-snappy.

3. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I'm just a little scared to delete/edit system files on my phone, then have it not work anymore. I just now figured out how to back it up though. Any tips?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I thought I bricked my phone but the procedure to re-flash a bricked phone is really easy... Just gotta turn the phone off, click the application loader (with usb cable connected to phone) then turn phone on and BAM, it wants you to load the factory OS back on it.

But yea, it's super-easy, and the results are stellar.

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member