Anyone have experience with website marketing / advertising?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gatts007, Apr 28, 2007.

1. gatts007

gatts007 New Member

I'm trying to get some marketing ideas for an online dating site I built recently ... I can't seem to get a steady flow of visitors. I was able to generate about 1k uniques for the month of April through some message board posts. Obviously I have to try to get on the search engines, but apparently they can take up to a year to get on, and thats with participating in backlink programs, etc. I'm pretty poor so paid advertising is kinda out of the question, although I was planning on funneling all profits back into something like adwords ... once I turn a profit. :x: Anyone here have an established site and would be willing to give me pointers? I might even be willing to take on a marketing partner if a proven person is interested... any suggestions or comments is appreciated.

2. MP

MP New Member

good content
    constantly update it
    proper filenames & image names
    alt tags, title tags, keywords
    as many links to your site, and from your site to others that are ranked high as possible (don't go over 100 on a page)

google is easy manipulate...

3. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

Find a website that people in your area visit, then buy placement on the site. That's what local businesses do with our site and it seems to work out very well for them. Targeted advertising is the way to go.