GUN anyone have experience with the ruger p93 or p95?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by krott5333, Feb 9, 2005.

1. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

supposedly theyre very similar, im lookin to get a p93...

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I had a P-89T Ruger and very solid and very reliable I had about 2500rds through it with 0 problems.

3. soccaian

soccaian New Member

the rugers are solid guns. a lot of people dont like them, but they function just fine

4. Y2kAccord

They get a bad rap because of they are inexpensive and lots of people (including several on this board) have the same thought.. if its not expensive it must be crap. They are built like a tank.
    Triggers get criticism but you can use trigger control to get around the long trigger pull.
    For plinking they are accurate and reliable, but unless you get a poly one are probably too heavy to carry.
    You cant go wrong with the value you get.

5. mrbill

mrbill New Member

not sure of the model, but i have put many rounds through my friend's. not a single problem. he's had it for years and has never complained of any problems. imo, they are excellent quality guns. maybe a bit too bulky for carry, but other than that, you can't go wrong.

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

thanks for the opinions, I think I'm gonna snatch up a P93 with night sights and hogues

7. soccaian

soccaian New Member

how much are you buying it for?

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

$250, like new

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Excellent price for that gun. I personally like the P94, but I had a bi-tone P95 that I liked, but I couldn't shoot it accurately, so I sold it and bought my Glock 26 and I couldn't be happier.

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

11. TucsonTerror

TucsonTerror OT Supporter

My P90DC is awesome. It is a heavy gun and definitely not an ideal choice for concealed carry. For open carry, with a holster, it's ok but takes some getting used to.

I put nearly 2000 trouble-free rounds through it before its first cleaning. I have it for home/personal defense and want something reliable. It also fits my hand better than any other gun I tried so I went with it. I can recommend it without hesitation or reservation.

12. RT/TSI

RT/TSI New Member

I myself am looking into getting a p93 or 95. The guy at my gun shop told me that he sells many more 95 than 93 guns. He also said that if he had his choice, between the two it would be the 95 :)

He also stated the same as above about ruger handguns in general, bulky but rock solid.

You may want to look into the p345 it has a polymer based frame and is supposed to be much lighter. I know its the .45 but I cant remember what the 9mm version is called. :p

13. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I believe the 345 9mm is also called a 345, slightly different model number though.

id love a 345, probably buy one later this year, they look nice... too many "safety" features though :hsugh:

14. Y2kAccord

Is there a P-345 9mm? I thought 345 = .45 cal. I am not saying you are wrong just if there is one is new and I want to see it

15. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I guess I was wrong :Owned:

16. subzero

subzero Guest

I have a P94 and have about 1200 down the pipe so far and not problem and it has been a pleasure to shoot..:bowdown:

Next up is the WALTHER P99 so if anyone is looking for a RAGING BULL IN 454 CASULL W/ 8 3/8 " BARREL plus everything from new box,man,keys ,tool,etc...

Have pics....:wavey:

Buy the ruger though you will not be sorry..:bigthumb: