A&P Anyone have experience swith Sigma glass?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by chlywly, Apr 2, 2004.

1. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I'm getting the D70 probably /w kit lens, I'm also going to get the Nikon 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 probably 1.8 b/c I hear its an incredibly clear lens it's dirt cheap.

I want macro function so im thinking ill just buy a convertor for that lens, i've seen great results...

Now I just need something either ultra-wide and sharp or a nice zoom-telephoto and sharp..

Looking into Sigma b/c it's cheaper, anyone have any experience with sigma ultra-wide or telephoto? if so which are the best lenses... willing to spend 1,000 canadian or so prefferably MUCH less, but not more. thanks :eek3:

2. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

I have the Sigma 28-135 and I fucking love it. I use it on my 300D, and the pictures are crisp, with great colour and contrast. It has a macro function at the 135mm end.

I have the really cheap Sigma 70-300mm, and it's being sold/delivered to a subaru guy on sunday. I have no real complaints about it (but it is really heavy), other than wanting something a bit "better:.

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Hmm thats too close to the kit lens, im looking for something more on an ultra wide range 12-* or 15-* and maybe 70-300 or 80-400 etc... but something quality...

4. DR-GSR

DR-GSR Old Member

I have the sigma 70-200 f/2.8 for my Nikon D100. Very sharp. $739 US