MIL Anyone have blood pressure problems joining?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SiegG, Oct 27, 2007.

1. SiegG

SiegG The real-life Dale Gribble

When I went to MEPS on the 17th/18th they said my bp was elevated and put me on the hypertension protocol, that is getting 3 consecutive days of readings from my doc and a letter saying I don't have high blood pressure and I've never been on a special diet or pills. I got that done today, and my readings were ok and mostly all below the 140/90 cutoff. The highest was 139/92, and the average of the three was 132/88. I also included readings from routine doc appts that show more toward 130/76, hopefully all goes well. I never thought the bp would be an issue, but now I'm all jacked up with stress taking them so that is not helping.

Any similar stories or advice? The branch I'm working with is Army Reserve.

2. kazimer

kazimer New Member

Same thing happened to me, however the BP problems had arisen once i had shipped off to basic. i was held over in reception for 3 months fighting the high blood pressure chapter. i had an average of 154/90. i went for a second opinion (illegally) along with an EKG and an echocardiogram. in the end i was put on a 5mg daily dosage of lisinopril. now my BP is 120/76

basically fight it and as long as you have no heart abnormalities and its controllable, then the army cant deny you

note: i am actively trying to get off of my medication

3. SiegG

SiegG The real-life Dale Gribble

Thanks for the input. I just hope they don't screw me over on that ONE lower number reading, and instead go with the average which is within specs.

4. CSimp

CSimp New Member

Same thing happened to me. I simply got a waver. When I got to basic they took my BP once and they never said anything else about it. Get a waver and you will most likely be fine.