SRS Anyone have any winning over your SO stories?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by verbal, Mar 2, 2009.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm just curious if anyone has any stories of winning over someone that wasn't interested in the beginning. Like stuff you see in the movies. I'm sure it has happened a few times in this world. :hsugh:

2. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I have tried... it's sadly never worked for me, and isn't working now. :wtc:Even though I do amazing things. I honestly think I'm just being taken advantage of and need to move on. I'm just having a hard time doing so.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Oh lord, please say you are NOT trying to salvage that terrible relationship you were in....

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

FUCK NO! Never in my life.

I have something going on now and it got me thinking about this. Not that I'm trying, but it just made me curious to hear stories, if there are any.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

there was a girl I wanted to date in high school but she lived about 5 houses away. since we'd known each other since we were about 10 I was auto-friendzoned. we both left for college and hadn't seen each other for a few years and I ran into her one day on the beach. we had a house a few streets from hers so I invited her to our party that night.

about an hour into the party she said she felt like she was getting a cold and said she wanted to go home so I walked her. I spent most of the time picking on her for getting a cold during the summer at the beach. on the way back we needed beer so I stopped at a market. I thought it would be funny to get her a little can of chicken noodle soup and bring it to her, so I bought a can of soup and a plastic/tupperware bowl. I microwaved it and ran to her house with the soup. It was still steaming when she took the lid off.

I still remember what she said, "I can't believe you did this for me."
    I said, "Well, I care about you."

We spent the rest of that summer doing the kind of dirty, nasty things you read about. It was fantastic.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Oh fuck you, 7960. :wtc:

7. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

You're a smooth operator sir.

SMoooooth operatoooor.

Coast to coast!

8. 7960

7960 New Member

he said to "post winning over stories." there's my one. if there's a "post failed attempts at winning over" I'd fill that one up.

9. deusexaethera

Heh. Yeah, I did something similar, only with homemade chicken soup. She said she'd never had homemade chicken soup before in her life. Unfortunately, she had cheated on every boyfriend she'd ever had except the current one, and she was set and determined not to do that to him. What could I do?

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

11. CustomTrendzInc

CustomTrendzInc New Member

nothing you can really do, since she seems like she has changed. If you really like her you could talk to her still but then you might get friendzoned. I had the same shit happen to me. After she broke up with the BF who moved to chicago for college, i ended up going out with her. Then he came back to visit his family and she cheated on me with him on christmas. After a long ass conversation i got all my shit back from her which she did not want to give back.

Personally, i would say stay away, but if you are set on this then wait.

12. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

My husband said no from the beginning but I wouldn't take no for an answer. He says he wanted me from the beginning though :big grin:

13. deusexaethera

14. deusexaethera

This was four years ago in college, brah. Ain't no goin' back now.

EDIT: Fuck, that was four years ago. :wtc: You know, the thing that sucks about growing up is you can't say "25 is good, I think I'll stay here for a few years."

15. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I am sorry to report that I don't have a story like this. The girl either liked me or not, and I've had my fair of rejections so it always seemed a waste of time and energy to "win over" a girl that wasn't interested in me :hs:

however, on the flip side, my current gf won me over by persistence.

16. deusexaethera

Man, I'd like to have a woman try to win me over. Sadly, it probably wouldn't work, but I'd sure appreciate the effort if nothing else.