SRS anyone have any suggestions for activities?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Userdoesnotexist, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Userdoesnotexist

Userdoesnotexist awww...doggah...

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what 4 ppl can do to pass time away. 4 ppl basically consisting of me, my gf, my best friend and his gf. we all get along fine, and up till now, we've mostly been out drinking a lot, but it is getting rather expensive, and we should all focus more on school/work.

So anyone have any good ideas for what we can do?

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Crack open your local paper and look for the Events section. Find the one that interests you the most and go to it.

3. Userdoesnotexist

yeah, we're going to some festival tonight. I'm talking about more for like...afterwards, or when there's nothing happening around the city, just chill time, you know what I mean?

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Going out to drink is expensive. Get some alcohol at the store where it's cheaper and drink at your place. I dunno.

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Do things earlier in the morning, and you'll be more tired after your evening event and won't want to go out drinking. I get what you're going through: "Life after the party." Its something alot of young adults struggle with. There isn't a late night replacement for boozing. You've just got to reorient your day so that it ends after an activity and meal. Its tough, but there is life after the party. It can take a while to get used to, but its better. Its much better.

6. cvgwpg

cvgwpg Guest

Activities for couples? Well, sometimes when we get together here in our city, sometimes there's events taking place at the local park, free concerts and such. It seems there's always something going on in the city and there's free things to go to without always dishing out money for tickets for things. There's going to the movies and then hitting a coffee/desert joint afterwards and talking. We've gone to their place or they come to our place to hang out on the back deck, have a bbq, if drinking booze is expensive then have a cheaper bottle of wine, make coffee or have other things to drink. Sometimes we play cards or have a game of some sort.

On ocassion the guys will go out and do something and the women folk will do their own thing which can be fun.

7. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

play board games, such as Monopoly

watch DVD's

Starbucks for conversation

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Fuck Starbucks. Go to an independent coffee shop.

9. Userdoesnotexist

the thing is, our schedule with most our friends and even our gfs doesn't allow us to go out during the day. Someone is always at work or at school during the day, so that leaves only the nights to get together.
    board game seems like a pretty good idea, anything else?
    it doesn't necessarily have to be dating stuff, like, something to do as a group.

10. cvgwpg

cvgwpg Guest

well, as mentioned previously, card games or board games is fun and is better done as a group. Now depending where you folks are, we've driven to a local park for frisbee or something like that.