GUN Anyone have any luck comvincing there SO to carry?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Radicus, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Trying to talk my wife into OCing her .357 mag. :rofl: Shit would be EPIC.:bowdown:

2. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Thats the kind of thing I wouldnt push anyone to do. It's like my GF and motorcycles, if she wants to ride cool, I will help her with everything. Otherwise I'm not pushing her to do anything with that much responsibility.

3. Jas0n

Jas0n Антихрист

The little lady's favorite is this mammoth .44mag I've got for some reason. If she open carried it, motherfuckers would shit bricks. She's little.

Really the only problem is that I've had trouble finding a holster.

4. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

My wife went and put the .357 on while I dozed off on the couch, came out and surprised the fuck out of me. :rofl: Damn thing hits the bend of her elbow. :eek4:

5. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Market Garden encouraged me to start carrying, and I must say that I feel a lot more comfortable out and about (running errands, etc) without him when I'm carrying. This is a fairly quick turnaround. Just over 3 years ago I had never touched a gun in my life.

6. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

My SO just bought her first gun. She got a Sig 250 9mm because it fit her hand the best. She has her CHP (concealed handgun permit) but she won't carry. She walks to work and her office is posted, and it is against her company policy. It is beside at home though. A year ago, she had never held a gun.

7. staroc

staroc New Member

My bf has a glock 19. I have the 2nd gen glock 19. I absolutely love it! Goes with me pretty much everywhere. I think it's a good choice for ladies. Holds a lot of ammo compared to a revolver or 44. Fits in a purse, etc... And the recoil is not bad.

8. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

My SO carries everywhere.

9. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

Nudes?

10. staroc

staroc New Member

How do you know I'm not a gay dude:mamoru:

11. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

i think that is what he was banking on :o

x 2 on this ... i dont push it on anyone. no SO at the moment, but i did get my mother to start carrying. Its hilarious, she is 4'11" and tiny ... i talked to her about carrying a few times (which she has always been into guns at least a little ... not avid, but enjoys shooting on occasion) and she agreed that it was a good idea for her (especially considering she and dad live in bumfuck tennessee and routinely have random drunk people pulling into the driveway asking for their 'friend' that used to live there ... when mom and dad built the house 12 years ago :ugh: ... which spawns another story, see footnote 1). i talked to her a few times and let her shoot my G21 and my roommates G32 and G23 and a few other guns ... and she agreed that she probably wanted a 9mm. about 2 weeks ago she randomly calls me and says she bought a S&W M&P40 :bowrofl: and she wants me to come home so we can shoot. First round through it, she gets the biggest grin on her face ... she loved the power of it. she tried a few guns and that fit her hands the best so its what she got (+1 for mom, even though i like my glock 10x better :o

Footnote 1: Keep in mind that my parents live on about 40 acres in TN with a nice house ... less expensive than some, more expensive than others in the area ... and they have no trespassing signs at the gate / bottom of the driveway (which is about 130 yards of gravel up the hill to the house). Mom is home by her self one saturday afternoon and a random beat up pickup pulls into the driveway (filled with 3 drunk rednecks, mom could smell the alcohol from a few feet away from the cab) and up to the house. mom goes out to see who it is, and they say they are looking for their 'friend' that lived there a few years ago (again, mom and dad built the house new in 97 so we know they are lying ........ and its not surprising, as the barn and shed and old house, which has been unlivable since the early 90s, have been broken into multiple times). mom tells than they dont live here and to be on their way. 30 minutes later, they show up again still looking for their friend. mom tells them not to come back and get lost. 30 minutes later, they show up again .... this time mom greets them with my dad remington chambered in 30-06 and informs them that they are trespassing and if she sees the truck enter the driveway she will start putting rounds through the windshield :bowrofl: my mom > * moms .... needless to say, they never came back.

12. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

Are you cheating on me?

13. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

Well you aren't here and I am human.

Don't judge me.

14. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Pre-marriage: Wife doesn't like gun but was told they will be in the house and in reach of my inherited kid that was almost 6 at the time.

1st year: Fine with gin in house, never shot before.

1.8 years to now: Lady in neighborhood across the road get raped in her garage, wife says it's go time, gets FN 57, takes training class, goes to range all the time, wants a 17hmr or 22mag rifle now to play with at the range along with the gsg-5 and ar-15. She also wants to get out 8 year old a cricket since I showed it to her.:bowdown:

Unfortunately, before we met she got stood up on new years by her then bf and like a dumbass (which she freely admits) she drove home drunk and got a DUI so she just got denied her GFL recently. Going to try and see if the judge will allow her to get it anyway since she has the training and teaches special ed in the county, but I doubt it and will have to wait to allocated 5 years.:ugh:

15. TATEROTE

TATEROTE OT Supporter

a DUI should never trump the right to carry. it's grandfather'd into our genes

assuming GFL = CCW... :confused:

16. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Sounds like GA is not a shall issue state. :dunno:

17. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Yea, GFL is CCW here. From what I was told by DK (GA people know who this is) Georgia has the right to not issue for a DUI for 5 years.

Plus, the county I live in has an anti-gun judge, our GFL's have a notation on the back that say they can be revoked for an arrest not a conviction, just getting arrested.:squint:

18. TATEROTE

TATEROTE OT Supporter

have fun :wavey:

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i paid a friend to violently rape her to prove a point

20. Asses Maximus

Somebody has to work to keep a roof over your head. :o

21. Asses Maximus

GFL is required to CC or OC.

22. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

the girl I am seeing has asked me to teach her to shoot handguns and rifles. She is in her 4th year in a DVM program and is planning on doing large animal. When you are a food animal vet, you have to carry a medium caliber rifle with you in case of a large outbreak (Gov't regulations require that only licensed veterinarians put the animals down)

But in regards to carrying, she has also asked me to teach her the basics of shooting handguns and to let her shoot my carry guns. She doesn't want to have to go to farms by herself unarmed. I am hoping that she likes my P11 because I think a PF9 would probably be the perfect carry gun for her very small frame (5'1 ~100 lbs)

23. :eek5: .338 Lapua Mag.

24. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl: I was thinking Mini 30

25. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

pffffffft. .408 Chey.