GUN Anyone have any experience with making a stand for a Bobber/E-Target?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KGB ate my bread, Jan 15, 2009.

1. KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread Made you look. OT Supporter

Yeah, odd sounding question.

The local range doesn't provide anything worthwhile for holding a target, and it's pretty frustrating to have to go back and adjust my target's holder because it won't stay on the frames they use. In short, they're a hassle to deal with, and I'd say a good 20~ minutes were spent last time I was at the range dealing with the target holders :o

So, I've decided to get something that would allow me to avoid dealing with them, and I figured that that an E-Style target would be a great purchase. THey're cheap, rated to last up to 5,000 rds, and are a self sealing plastic.

Specifically, I plan on picking up at least 1 or 2 of these (almost want more given that they only cost $8.79)
    [​IMG]

https://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=E%20TARGET

Now, they're meant for pop-up stands/rotating stands that military/LEOs use, which I don't have access to, and are probably well beyond what I'm willing to pay.

So my question is, does anyone have any experience in making a stand for them? I'm figuring I can put together something out of wood that'll bring the target up to a normal height, I was just hoping on the rare chance that someone here has done the same thing and has a great design that they'd be willing to share.

Thanks in advance

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

sandwich bottom between two 2x4s
    make a base
    Profit

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

4. KGB ate my bread

lol

what I figure I'll do is just make what looks like a large foot stool with two parallel lengthwise pieces that'll go at least... 4"? up from the bottom of the stand, and have two pieces of wood/metal that'll go perpendicular to the other 2 and go through those holes on the bottom left/right.

I figure that'll be fine.

I gotta imagine shooting 9mm that it'll be hard to knock over, even with an base that's not very heavy, but I want to design ultimately so that I can shoot .223 and 30-30rds at without having to worry about knocking the target over.

I figure my idea ni my head will allow the targets to reasonably fit int he holder, still fit a silohuette target over it, and secure it pretty easily/quickly :dunno:

I really haev to wait and see how heavy the targets end up being and go from there :o

5. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Market Garden made a very simple, very cheap, very durable target stand. This is the best shot that I have of it, but it's pretty simple
    [​IMG]

It's basically this with 2x4s, you insert thin cheapo 1x in between the "=" and staple the target to it.
    |=|

6. KGB ate my bread

Yeah, looking at that pic and thinking about it more, the larger the base's area, the less likely it'll need to be weighted to avoid from falling over. I've got some ideas about how to tackle that and keep it compact enough to fit in my car, and light enough to not be a hassle to carry with everything else from my car to the range itself.

I think what I'll do first is just build something that'll hold the target's base enough to my liking and go with a base from there. I'm also thinking notched 2x4s to or hinges would be something that I could use in increasing the bases area and still be able to break it down so it fits in my car.

This is going to be a fun project :big grin:

EDIT: well, ordered the Target and some paper :big grin:

I got 1 ea. of these two guys :rofl::coolugh:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and 25 of these:
    [​IMG]
    :coold:

can't wait :big grin:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009