GUN Anyone have an XCR?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zumin3k, Sep 11, 2009.

1. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

I want one real bad, but can't afford one without selling my AR, and generally just want to talk about them.
    [​IMG]
    You guys have any opinions on them one way or another?

2. When Hoss, Keesh, Chip, JRucker, and I were at the PR match one of the guys in our squad had one. I thought it was pretty cool. I really don't know if I'd give up an AR to move to a proprietary platform, but I do think it's a neat rifle.

3. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

one of my instructors, john farnam, carries one with him everywhere in a tennis racket bag chambered in 30 soviet as he calls it. well built, i think if i ever go up in caliber, id get one.

4. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

Any reason specifically that you wouldn't trade out? I've been reading around about them for a while, seem to have some nice features and are very well priced, but I'm still something of a noob to guns I guess.

5. I just have an aversion to things where I'd anticipate having a real hard time getting replacement parts. I like things where I can order parts from pretty much anywhere. Everything I've seen and heard about the XCR says it's a good rifle, but I'm personally wary of something so proprietary.

6. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Same. Personally if I wanted an accurate rifle that shot 7.62x39, I'd buy a Saiga. My father has a converted one and it was doing around 2 M.O.A. with cheap-o Barnaul stuff.

7. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

If I were to get one, it would be the 5.56x45, not the 7.62x39. But I get your point.

8. Keesh

Keesh New Member

He shoots it just about every match. He's a really good shooter and swears by it. Can't say that I've seen any malfunctions from it either. But you're right, if I had a lot of money I'd buy one and put it up against an AR, for now I'll stick with what I know works 100%.

9. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

I definitely see your point. I'm going to hang out for a while and see how everyone's doing with the 1/7 barrels and the upgraded stock/trigger. Might jump on one of those at that time.

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'd like to play with one. While the masada seems cool, I suspect I'd actually like shooting the xcr better. The price is insane though and I don't think it offers me enough reason to leave the ar platform.

11. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

The XCR price or the Masada price?