GUN Anyone have an HK-91 clone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shohan, Aug 7, 2005.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

A buddy of mine has one (Not sure of the manufacturer) and I really like it. I was wondering if any OT'rs has/had one or know some info on them. The reading I've done tells me to stay away from the Century Arms rifles (Bad quality finish, welds, etc.). I'm really interested in the JLD clones. Supposedly they purchased the actual German tooling and machinery and are one of the best clones out.

What do you guys think? :dunno:

JLD PTR-91
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

The JLD is about the best clone out there from what I've heard.

Due to thier quality, the price of real HK91s is falling slowly. If you can wait a bit, I'd hold off until enough funds were put together for the real thing; ain't no more of those comin' into the country...

3. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

The Century CETMEs are okay as long as you can check the thing out first. There are lots of good examples and some that are total crap. Typical for Century :)

4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

i have a pre-ban PSG-1... 100% H&K.

i havent liked the clones i have seen so far, but i cant say i've seen a really good one, either.

5. shohan

shohan New Member

I thought I read somewhere that the CETMEs had some changes to them so that some HK parts wouldn't fit. Basically, they're not exact clones. I could be remembering the wrong info though.

6. soccaian

soccaian New Member

iirc, CETME's are spanish rifles that are merely based on the 91/G3... pretty damn similar, but just different enough.

a cetme/g3/fal clone is on my list of rifles to buy....

then a makarov

then more ammo

then a 10/22

then more ammo..... :ugh:

7. Clingman

Actually, the CETME came before the HK91, so the HK91 is more a clone of the CETME. But you're right, some parts won't fit. Still, a good CETME can be half the price of a nice PTR91. Definitely worth considering. Especially since the FAL trumps them both and is what you should get if you want the better battle rifle :)

8. shohan

shohan New Member

Are you saying the FAL is better? What's your reasoning behind this?

(I don't know. That's why I'm asking.)

Honestly, I don't like the looks of FAL. I know sounds bad, but I don't care.

9. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

How much does a real 91 go for?

10. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I want an STG-58 :hs:

11. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

If you look hard enough you could get in a LNIB HK91 for around $1800.

12. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I paid $2100 for mine with a scope mount included. Probably a little too much, but it was in awesome shape. I would love to buy a sear for it.

13. Clingman

FAL was adopted by I forget how many countries, more than 60, as a main battle rifle. That means lots of parts. Mags are about 5 bucks on average and 10 bucks or so max. Generally found to be more reliable than the CETME or HK91 (that might piss some people off here). Adjustable gas system. Much less of a 'sharp' feeling recoil, it's a much friendlier feeling rifle to use. IMO ergos are better on the FAL. Not to mention it's made of real metal instead of a bunch of stampings :)

go try http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php and read up :) Just DON'T make a post there calling the FAL ugly! :nono: The HK is clearly the ugly rifle here. :cool:

14. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

I can imagine the FAL being a better battle rifle, but my experience with a FAL was horrible. I had an opportunity to fire one in India, now I'm not sure if it was the rifle or the ammunition (which was current issue not surplus) but the gun in F/A was horrible. Out of the 100 rounds I put thru it I had about 15 jams and it was a rough gun to handle when the gun actually ran. Kinda like a jack hammer but not as smooth. Now after coming back here I talked to a couple of the FAL guys and they all had heard bad things about the Indian FALs. I honestly want to get some more trigger time with a quality FAL and see what the real fuss is about with these guns.

However you're gonna find a few complaints out of HK91s, but not many.