Anyone have an ex that totally changed after your relationship ended?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by formul8, Oct 29, 2008.

1. formul8

formul8 New Member

My ex g/f of 5 months has completely changed.

Gets the fake tans, gets all gooped up, goes to d-bag clubs, hangs with some rather nasty girls now and has turned into a little ho. Not the girl she was and she is certainly not that type either, but seems to try.

Kinda sad. :(

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

People change. You are young, she is young. You're finding out now that you fell in love with someone else and it shouldn't upset you.

You need to stop talking to her.

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

yup. a once charming and well spoken young lad is now a guido in msp. go figure.

4. evo-j

evo-j New Member

seen it all too many times. i've even seen people change while in a relationship, some for the good and some for the bad.

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I think people who don't change are the truly sad ones. Perspective is subjective, but not learning from the past is a universal flaw.

6. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I changed drastically after my last long relationship. She tried to change, played it off like she had changed, but is back to the same old same old.

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

my ex-wife

8. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm really trying to think now....and the last 5 guys I dated have literally not changed one bit, neither have I :dunno:

9. formul8

formul8 New Member

Change is definitely good, but I am talking about changing for the worse. (well, in my opinion at least) One ex-from a 3.5 year relationship a long time ago got married a year or so after we broke up and has three kids and lives a great life. I think that is awesome for her.

This one is an easily mallable type that tends to latch on and become like others. I guess I should not worry about trying to be a hero and forget about her. She learns things the hard way. Just hoping she does not get caught up in drugs and other stupid stuff.

"I was thinking about trying coke with my friends." I told her if I ever found out she was doing that stuff, shit will hit the fan because she does not need that stuff and that is simply not her.

Oh well.

10. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

It takes two to be co-dependent

11. formul8

formul8 New Member

Explain.

12. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

oh please. :hsugh: it sounds like she's becoming an average young woman. fake tanning and clubbing is hardly some bizarre horrible behavior.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

It's pretty obvious she's always been the way she is now, you were just jaded enough to think she was something she wasn't.

14. formul8

formul8 New Member

No, she really wasn't.

New friends, new attitude.

Oh well... should not be surprised. She is young and can't say I do not have my share of dumb shit when I was 23.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

You just said it in your last post. She's always been the kind of submissive/weak girl that latches on to other people and whatever they do. She must have known what you didn't desire of a girl in a relationship and so for you she didn't do those things, but now that you're gone she's finally doing whatever the fuck she always wanted to do.

Once again proving it's good you broke up because if you had dated long enough this side of her would've come up and probably caused the breakup.

16. formul8

formul8 New Member

She did say she wanted someone who was "more decisive". I like someone who is a bit more confident and sure of themselves and don't need someone to tell them what to do to become my shadow. When I did do that, she always resisted or pushed back, so who the hell knows what she wants. She does want to be worshipped and wants love without giving love because of losing her father at age 13 and never dealing with the loss. She does have self esteem issues. That always bothered me.

Maybe it is a maturity thing due to our age difference (me 33, her 23). Now that I think of it, this did start coming out before we hit our fork in the road. Not at the "acceptance" stage yet, I guess!!

Thanks for the wake up call. :)

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

No, not really. Some are now different than what I had thought them to be, but I was the one who was blinded. :dunno:

18. iwishyouwerebeer

;)

I'd honestly say it's pretty rare for someone to completely 100% change after a breakup. Usually people are just too oblivious or they viewed their SO in a certain special light, so once they are done they suddenly go ":eek3: WTF happened!?"

19. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I have an ex that went from hardcore punk(tight jeans, punk music, the piercings, the whole nine)

After we broke up, and I later saw pics of him(prop a year later) he had turned into a "gangster" Listened to rap, has a rick ross beard... dresses like one....

20. iwishyouwerebeer

It's always fun to me when people try to "find themselves" by getting all into a certain kind of dress or music.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

An ex listened to rap all of the time until she met her new country boy. I sat in the car with her one day and she had country music on. I go "wtf is this?!! i thought you hated country music" :ugh: Then I realized ooohhhh...I see what's going on :rolleyes:

22. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

My ex is like that. She changes to be exactly what the guy shes dating wants. Its pretty ridiculous and had I known before I dated her that she was so insecure and such a follower, I wouldnt have dated her.

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Women/girls getting out of their first relationships tend to overuse their new freedom and slut it up for awhile, its part of growing up/figuring out what you want.

24. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

yep! they don't talk to me anymore :rofl:

25. iwishyouwerebeer

Yikes :eek3: Still sounds like he was a trainwreck (or going to be a trainwreck) even before you were pregnant.