Anyone have a Rubicon (or other Wrangler/Jeep)?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jumpem, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Jumpem

Jumpem OT Supporter

How bad is the mileage? I want one but have heard they only get like 15mpg. My Miata gets 25-32 depending on how much I push it.

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

My roommate has a Wrangler 1992. It has the I4 engine so I assume it gets better then the 6, but he still hardly drives it because of the gas costs.

3. honda9k

honda9k Guest

I have a 2003 Rubicon and it gets around 10-15 on average. I don't drive it real hard and most of driving is in the city. People don't buy these things for gas mileage. If your not going to take it off road don't bother.

I just bought a Jetta beater car and the Rubicon stays in the garage and is only used on weekends and at Paragon.

4. AJBrunetti

AJBrunetti Guest

I have a 1990 Wrangler, 5 spd, its a 4 banger an it gets HORRIBLE gas milage. HORRIBLE. But i love the car....

I get about 260 miles for a 12 gallon tank, so about 21 mpg but thats if I dont drive like a dick.

5. CivicCigol

CivicCigol Guest

I had a 94 Wrangler and I used to get approximately 15-20 mpg and nowadays I have an 01 Cherokee...overall, Jeeps are not meant for daily drivers if you're looking for an economically cheap car to drive...

6. mxer

mxer Guest

Since when is 21 horrible :wtf:

7. giblit

giblit OT Supporter

i get 10 in my f150.

8. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

:werd: My WRX gets that or less around town